BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    Dewatering of oil

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dewatering of oil
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All
I have about 1000 liters of used oil that appears to have some water emulsified throughout it. This oil has been settling for about 3 weeks. When I drain from the bottom of the tank some obvious water comes out then emulsion. So I don't think more settling would necessarily separate it. I heated a couple of liters in a pan to boil off the water & the gravy look disappears to reveal clear oil.
Can anyone recommend any easy solutions to separate the water?
Thanks. P

Location: Vancouver | Registered: November 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are making bio and you have some byproduct around-process your wet oil with ~20% byproduct at temp for ~ 1hr-settle then drop glyc- works fine for me with wet cruddy oil.
good luck

Location: UK | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Centrifuging is the most trouble free method.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post