BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    Whats wrong with this picture?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Whats wrong with this picture?
 Login/Join

posted
This is my first attempt at a picture post so....maybe you can see what i am babbling about
From left to right.

1)this jug is some finished product and i just mixed water with it to see if it would seperate

2)this jug i took out of my little open top 16 gallon processor... the top color is the color i get when i have mist washed the 10 gal batch 3 times(i just put this jug in the top of the processor and filled it 1/2 full then i misted a small amount of water through it...you can make it out on the bottom if you look close)

3)this jug i filled from the top of my processor after mist washing 3 times also...i then just shot water in it with the hose and then bubble washed it for about 18 hrs.

4)the little measuring cup on top is from the exact same batch that i mist washed 3 times but this i heated to aprox 125C.

Why are there so many different colors from the same batch?

How can i tell which is really processed properly and which is not?

Also i have left the 10 gallon batch i mist washed 3 times sitting outside (with all the water drained from the bottom )on hot days with a screen over the top but it never turns any darker than jug number 2....but if i heat up to 125-150 C it goes clear and stays that way just like the little measuring cup in the picture.

Is this how bio diesel is suppose to act? or am i doing something wrong? Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shaun,

posted Hide Post
I can't answer your questions,but next time you post a picture shrink it down a little. Smile

Location: Sunbury,PA USA | Registered: August 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wannabeefficient, ask Shaun he advised us on what size the photo's should be (I can't remember the size) Smile

posted Hide Post
640 by 480 pixels fit nicely on the screen. You need a photo editor that will allow you to change the picture size (not just crop it). The first time I tried, it came out that way. I also could not delete it to put up a smaller one because there were replies to the posting. I got the message that you cannot delete a posting when there are replies. (I believe it is only when you are the topic starter) I private messaged the responders asking them to delete thier responses. When I was the only poster, it allowed me to delete it and I reposted a smaller photo. (It was of the grinding wheel air stone). Blessings, Joe. Smile

Blessings. Joe 1999 Chevy Suburban w/new optimizer 6500 TD and 1995 Chevy Cube van 6.5L. WWW.RillaBioFuels.com
WWW.RillaBioFuels.com

Location: Sterling Hts. Michigan USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The picture editors that come with Windows will do just fine - click resize from the format menu. 600 pixels wide is even better.

H

Location: Lancashire | Registered: December 05, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the reason you can't edit your picture at this late stage is that there is a time limit once you have posted. (10 minutes I think?) ask Shaun. Confused

quote:
Originally posted by wannabeefficient:
ok i figured out how to resize it but maybe its better if the whole thing is just delete by the moderator because i cant delete it

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keith j:
I think the reason you can't edit your picture at this late stage is that there is a time limit once you have posted. (10 minutes I think?)

Nope, it's not a time limit. I deleted my oversized picture after a couple of days, but only after I got everyone else to delete their responses to the post. You can't delete a post when it is the first in a topic and there are responses to it. You can if you are not the original poster (i.e. you can delete a response to someone else's post). OK every body, ready to delete your responses so wannabe can resize the picture?
Joe Smile

Blessings. Joe 1999 Chevy Suburban w/new optimizer 6500 TD and 1995 Chevy Cube van 6.5L. WWW.RillaBioFuels.com
WWW.RillaBioFuels.com

Location: Sterling Hts. Michigan USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Report This Post