BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    Conversion Percent and the 3/27 test

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conversion Percent and the 3/27 test
 Login/Join

posted
Conversion Percent and the 3/27 test

This is an interesting exchange between several people from another thread
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/ev...9605551/m/7217056083

[quote
Murphy- ”This forum is so slow its going to start growing cob webs in the corners.”
Dukegrad98- ”Go start a thread about determining conversion percentage from dropout volume in the 3/27 test. That usually lights things up around here.”
Dgs- ”Hi dukegrad, Ive done that, produced a graph. But don't tell you know who!”

The holy grail of home biodiesel production, determining conversion percent and apparently Dgs has cracked it!

Jan Warnqvist said in his original instructions for his 3/27 test that you could tell the conversion percent of the biodiesel by measuring the percent of the drop out in the test. The percent of drop-out was the percent of unconverted oil.
Unfortunately it has not worked out that way.

Over the years several Highly Respected members of the home biodiesel production community have unsuccessfully tried to establish a relationship between Drop-out in the 3/27 test and conversion percent of the biodiesel using GC testing.
In each instance they report they did not find a correlation between drop-out and conversion percent.

Now Dgs claims that he has produced a graph that shows the relationship between the 3/27 test and conversion.
This is such a break-through, I can not imagine how I missed it.
I invite Dgs to post/ re-post his graph and explain the method he used to produce it.

If Dgs has finally “cracked” the problem of determining conversion percent using the 3/27 test, he will win biodiesel fame and ovation forever and his name will be mentioned with quiet reverence at biodiesel get-togethers for many many years to come.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post