BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

NaOH soap and more 25kg=$50
217-2346
Methanol VP Racing fuels $196/205l
275-1958

smaller quantities available from both higher cost per unit

Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Baltimore Area methanol

Interstate Racing Fuels
410-822-9293
$135 - 60 gallons delivered.
No deposit - barrel is yours to keep

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Just a touch off subject. I set up a commercial account with UNIVAR. with just a phone call and faxed application. When I inquired about minimums, I mentioned I needed small quantities for biodiesel production. The lady from Univar stopped me and said that they had been instructed not to sell to anyone that was producing biodiesel. Something about there insurance didnt allow them to. Sounds like a run around to me. If you have the hook up with them, dont mention you are making Bio. Anyone near Alabama with a KOH supplier other than Univar?

Location: Sweet Home Alabama | Registered: February 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

If you look back on page two of this thread you will see the listing for Brenntag in Huntsville. They know I make biodiesel.

-Jim

www dot FryerPower dot com
1987 300DT (The sedan, not the wagon.) Some modifications to the fuel system.
1995 S350D Unmodified fuel system.
I plead the 5th.

Location: Middle Tennessee, Jack Daniel's country | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Any one know of any methanol suppliers in the New Jersey Area??

Location: NJ, USA | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Farn3ss,
I think Brentag is the closest in Reading,PA. 888-926-4151. $150 a drum + delivery. they also have Caustic soda flake #2 100lb.-$83 it's 96%

Location: Dix Hills, NY | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by Fatn3ss:
Any one know of any methanol suppliers in the New Jersey Area??

Location Name:
Glen Rock

Physical Address:
Univar USA
65 Harristown Rd
Glen Rock, NJ 07452
US

Mailing Address:
Univar USA
65 Harristown Rd
Glen Rock, NJ 07452

Let me know if you are interested

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

www.univarusa.com

we have over 150 locations nationwide, and every location carries:

KOH 84.5-90.5
NaOH 99%
Sodium Methylate (30%) typically in 600 pound drums
Potassium Methylate (32%) typically in 600 pound drums
Acetic Acid 100% Carboys Drums and Totes
Sulfuric Acid 93% Carboys Drums and Totes
Hydrochloric Acid 31% Carboys Drums and Totes

If you ever have any questions, let me know

Brian.dixon@univarusa.com

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

you might try the oilfield drilling mud suppliers I have found caustic soda for $.75 to 1.00 per pound.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Brian.Dixon any idea on prices?

Location: NJ, USA | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

univar will not sell to an individual only a business. At least the one in san jose is like that.

Location: SF bay area | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

my father owns his own bussiness, I don't need to worry about that. I just need to know prices.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Northeast Ohio/Cleveland Ohio
R & R Auto Body
15620 Brookpark Rd
Cleveland, OH 44135-3335
Phone: (216) 267-5454
VP Race Fuels: Methanol
M-1 Racing Methanol has a 99.95% minimum purity - the highest purity available in the U.S. With M-1, engines run cooler and are less subject to corrosion. VP uses only lined drums which prohibit rust, corrosion and metal deposits that can contaminate fuel delivery systems. Recommended for all methanol-legal racing applications.

This is where I get my racing "gas" as I recall they will put it in any containter and you can buy it in several quantities. I have to call to confirm that and to check the price, but it will be comparible to the rest.

P.S. Looking for a KOH supplier in Northeast OH if anyone is around and knows of one let me know.

Location: Grafton, OH (Outside of Cleveland) | Registered: February 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

supplier: chemistrystore.com
http://chemistrystore.com/Sodium_Hydroxide.htm
http://chemistrystore.com/potassium_hydroxide.htm

I know that Girl Mark already posted this on page 1, but only for the 2lb pail. I just bought a 50lb bag of KOH from them for $96 (includes hazmat fees) plus $23.66 shipping for a total of $119.66 or $2.39/lb.

Don't forget to fax them the hazmat waiver BEFORE placing your order!!!

Fast shipping... got mine in 3 days.

Location: Annapolis (area), MD | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by Reggie:
Acedamy TX/ Central Tx or
Round Rock TX

Talk to Bobby Joe at 254-761-1633. He sells it at the racetrack in Academy for 1.92 a gallon. Big Grin

He also delivers to Round Rock. Great guy and will put in just about anything you'll bring him including carboys or other HDPE containers. You can also put a deposit on a 55 gallon drum for 20.00 and return it for a refund anytime.

I called the number and a ‘Carroll’ answered. She knew no Bobby Joe nor knew nothing of selling methanol.

Is the number correct? Should I ask to talk to some one else?

GMC Sierra Classic 1500 with 6.2L diesel

Location: Longview, Texas, USA | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

hi gus,
would anyone know where i could get supplies of methanol and NaOh .in Ireland ....

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Olean, New York
My methanol comes from Short's Oil wellsville,NY. 2.74/ gal. for 55's delivered to my shop
I get my lye from boyer chemical 2.29/lb.for 12 2lb cans delivered

Location: ny. | Registered: February 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Anyone knows where I can get Methanol in CT around New Haven? Or in MA around Canton?

Regards

Nick

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Chem-Way Corporation
301 South McDowell Street, Charlotte, NC 28204
(704) 377-5512

Chem-Way Corporation
5000 Nations Crossing Road Suite 101, Charlotte, NC 28217
(704) 525-0010

KOH around $30 for 55# bag. WE located them from a WNC pool supply, so you may need to use co-op name or business address.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Looking for methanol for western North Carolina. Perhaps Sulfuric Acid as well.