BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Los Angeles, Ca

Brenntag

Methanol $1.93 a gallon delivered
Lye $0.48 per pound

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

South Center Pennsylvania

Methanol:
Allied Oil and Chemical Sales
1530 Clugston Rd
York, PA 17404
(717)767-5502
55gal. drum in Oct. 2005, $120.00
Must be picked up in an open vehicle.

NaOH:
The Boyer Corporation
P.O. Box 10, La Grange, IL. 60525
Toll Free 1-800-323-3040
Ordered by phone, shipped UPS
http://www.boyercorporation.com
12- 2lb cans w/shipping approx. $2.30/lb.

Mr Bill

1982 300D TurboDiesel Mercedes Benz.
1996 F250 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel.
2000 Jetta TDI

Location: South Central Pa. | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Ashland Canada Corp.

Canadian Head Office:
2620 Royal Windsor Drive,
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5J 4E7
(905) 823-1800

U.S. Headquarters:
5200 Blazer Parkway
Dublin, Ohio
USA 43017
(614) 790-3333

Open Mon-Fri. 8:00 or 9:00 AM - 4:00 or 5:00 PM

COSTMethanol cost $0.87/KG (works out to approx. $0.69/liter, plus shipping and one time drum deposits)

KOH (90% purity, or better) cost $1.80/KG
Can also get NAOH, which is slightly cheaper

SPECIAL NOTES: Prices mentioned here are in Canadian $
Also, Ashland will deliver within several hundred km's for FREE, as long as your order is $750 or more.
They like to have a business # from you. You can ask about buying chemicals as an individual, but they worry about delivering hazardous materials into residential areas.
I'm ok because I live out in the country, and my family owns A business (not biodiesel related, but its all they need in order to send chemicals to us.
They DO NOT allow pickup by the purchaser. They only ship via Courier, or their own truck.

1986 vw jetta 2 tank SVO conversion
1992 vw golf 2 tank SVO conversion
1998 2500 12 valve Cummins diesel with 2 tank SVO conversion
Making biodiesel in the back yard and running WVO in the vehicles with 2 tanks

Location: Burk's Falls, Ontario, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Originally posted by Dropout:
quote:
Not delivering to a residence has to do with the transportation insurance. Something about running trucks full of hazardous chemicals where people live makes insurance companies really nervous.

You can get them to deliver to a farm or a buddy's work.

If you are going to anyone other than Univar or Brenntag you are paying an extra middleman.

Someone (like Graydon?) needs to set up a national account with one of them. He could take advantage of the volume of a whole bunch of people, make a small admin fee and arrange delivery anywhere in the US or Canada.

I used to buy Methanol from Commercial Alcohols in Ontario. It cost me about 3 times as much to buy from them, as it does from Ashland, where I now buy it from. Yet Ashland buys from Commercial Alcohols.
So, I don't know about Brenntag or other suppliers, butsometimes the "middleman" gives you the better deal than the producers.
I guess some places just don't want to deal with the little guys.
Either way, just have to shop around.

1986 vw jetta 2 tank SVO conversion
1992 vw golf 2 tank SVO conversion
1998 2500 12 valve Cummins diesel with 2 tank SVO conversion
Making biodiesel in the back yard and running WVO in the vehicles with 2 tanks

Location: Burk's Falls, Ontario, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

New orleans area : Harahan Auto parts and Machine shop has methanol he will fill small fuel cans and sell by the drum ..

no local connection yet for lye or KOH
help on that would be welcome

Location: new orleans area | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

In southwestern OH a place called Wardway fuels inc. The phone number for Wardway fuels is 513-574-0061. Address is 4555 Bridgetown RD. Cincinnati, OH 45211 A 55 gal drum goes for $130. The drum comes with. They can't refill it. Next visit you'll get another drum. I have not yet found a lye supplier. So if any info on one local please post it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dondy,

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

dondy
some one told me this place has noah and koh at a good price
UNIVAR ph 513-714-5264 i havent tried them yet
sharonville ohio off reading rd

Location: cincinnati,ohio | Registered: March 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

This is a Methanol / Methyl Hydrate contact for the Montreal region.99.9% purity.

I did this through a corporate account so I am not certain if that is a pre-requirement or not, didn't really want to ask.

205lt poly drum (45 Imp gal/55 US gal)(no deposit or return on the drum,it's included in the price and you keep it)Cost=$160.00Cdn + tax. Delivery was free and took 2 1/2 hours from order to delivery. You can probably arrange to pick it up yourself.

Gotham Industries
231 Boul. Rene A. Robert
Ste Therese Quebec
tel: 450-435.1227 Mary
Website

Directions:
Hwy 15 N. to Hwy 640 East to Hwy 117 N.
to Rue Blainville and go east to the corner of Rene A. Robert. Go north on R.A.R.

NaOH / KOH and all assorted lab supplies.
Prolab Scientific
Supplier to high schools and universities. Will sell to the public, but only accept credit cards for payment.

Address:
2213 rue Le Chatelier
Laval Quebec
phone:450-682.5118

Mapquest Map on how to get there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Legal Eagle,

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Little Rock, AR
Parker Solvents
(501) 565-1508
Methanol $2.5/gal
5 gal minimum
Need a local source for NaOH/KOH

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

from this thread at biodieselnow:

Martin, Michigan

US 131 Motorsports Park

269-672-7800 office

currently $150 for a 55 gallon barrel.

and

Location: Pittsboro, North Carolina | Registered: March 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

locationAbilene, Tx
supplier and their address/phone number/website/hours:Brintec, (325)673-6405
Methanol
Cost:$2.00 gal 55 gal drums
Special notes (ie is business license required, etc): I have no personal experience with this supplier

Location: Pittsboro, North Carolina | Registered: March 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

locationAbilene, Tx
supplier and their address/phone number/website/hours:Willis Supply (325)673-7129
Methanol
Cost:$189 55 gal drums
Special notes (ie is business license required, etc): I have no personal experience with this supplier

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

locationWichita Falls, Tx
supplier and their address/phone number/website/hours:Buckley Oil (800)456-0805
Methanol
Cost:$2.30 gal 55 gal drum $10 deposit
Special notes (ie is business license required, etc): I have no personal experience with this supplier, this was posted at the local-b100-biz yahoogroups list

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Santa Cruz, CA
Methanol- Bayside Oil
210 Encinal Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831) 427-3773
$2.50/gallon, bring own container

Location: santa cruz, ca | Registered: April 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I've heard rumors that Red Devil is no longer producing lye. Don't know if that's true, but what I do know is that here in Oregon (at least Newport and Corvalis) WinCo Foods and Fred Meyer have both stopped carrying it.

Location: Newport, OR | Registered: January 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by DaveB-R:
I've heard rumors that Red Devil is no longer producing lye. Don't know if that's true, but what I do know is that here in Oregon (at least Newport and Corvalis) WinCo Foods and Fred Meyer have both stopped carrying it.

The same thing happened here at Smith's Market. All they carry are the liquid plumber type of cleaners.

Bought 50# of NaOH from Univar, Inc. in Albuquerque for $35.00 B to B though.

Location: Tajique, NM | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

KRP Industries in Longview, TX has KOH for $32.50 (possibly less, depending on their supplier) per 50lb bag. Call a week ahead so they can get it from their supplier. They have NaOH for similar prices.

If you need a small amount of KOH in Longview, I have a 50lb bag coming up for will call later this week that I don't need all of.

Not sure if they require a business license, I told them I was from LeTourneau University and they had no problems with it. The guy I talked to had actually just fulfilled another order for a professor here so he had the quote on hand. They seem easy to work with.

GMC Sierra Classic 1500 with 6.2L diesel

Location: Longview, Texas, USA | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Univar has KOH for $.80/lb that I can pick up local Huntsville, AL or they will ship to me for $35.

Best I've found somewhat local to me.

FYI

Location: Alabama | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

BC, Canada

Univar, Richmond

http://www.univarcanada.com/distribution.htm

Methanol: $257 Cdn for 205 l drum. $60 refundable container deposit

KOH: $75 for a 25kg bag

They will only deal business to business, and are fussy how you transport it.

Location: BC, Canada | Registered: August 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Atlanta Area Methanol sellers.

Dixie Fast Fuel
107 Dixie Dr
Woodstock, GA 30189
(770) 926-6130
$3.50 per gallon
1 gallon to 55 gallons

WHITAKER OIL CO
1557 Marietta Rd
Atlanta GA 30318
404-355-8217
110 gallon minimum
$140-$180 per drum

Crain Oil Co
11 1st Ave
Newnan, GA
770 253 5622
55 gallon minimum
$128 per drum

Bearden Oil Co
Eastman, GA
(478) 374-7706
55 gallon min purchase
$158 per drum

Rick
B100 Supply LLC

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post