BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turner BioDiesel:
Wow. Our major supplier just hit us with a 10cent increase. I have asked them before about increase and decrease but they always tell me its supply and demand. We get ours from Nexeo , a Major supplier. If you buy it at 6 drums its $1.90 a gallon.

I can't help but wonder if the expiration of the government biofuel subsidy has anything to do with this.

Alvin
'01 F250 7.3 4x4 Lariat Crew
'95 Mercedes Benz E300 D

Location: Seattle | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Called Tarr Auburn (Seattle area) today, they quoted 3.39 / gallon MEOH, but the total cost was given as $245+15 fee+ $25 barrel deposit, or $10 deposit if I brought a similiar barrel. Go figger----up that much in less than a week??????

NaOH is $91 for a 50# bag.

posted Hide Post
Cascade chemical in Seattle-tukwila sold me a 50# bag of NaOH for $61, including the $25 hazard fee.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by freesoul:
Brenntag northeast
Brian Bartashus bbartashus@brenntag.com

todays prices
KOH flake .88 lb in 55lb bags
Methanol 2.66 gal in drums
$25 insurance surcharge for pickup
FOB Reading PA

They want you to order as much as you can carry without placards 1000#
Today that was 10 bags of KOH and 1 drum of methanol

Just picked up an identical order last Friday for same price.

posted Hide Post
seems as though Brenntag has gone up quite a bit.

Here's our current prices, pack sizes, etc:

1 x 55 gallon drum of methanol $3.25/gallon
1 x 750 lb drum of sulfuric acid 66 degree Baume $.45/lb
1 x 660 lb drum of potassium hydroxide 45% $1.01/lb

Please keep in mind that the sulfuric and the KOH are packaged in recon poly drums. If you have a CDL with HazMat endorsement, DOT restrictions still would require that you transport the drums in a dedicated truck.

Sincerely,
Brian M Bartashus
Brenntag Northeast Inc
610.926.4151 x 3368

anyone interested in a group buy on Long Island?? I have a contact for decent priced koh but 2000 lb minimum....send me a private message

This message has been edited. Last edited by: longislandjetta,

Location: Nassau County, Long Island NY | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, I am very new to Bio but very experienced in processing working in operations of an oil refinery for 27 years before recently being laid off. I have started an Industrial supply business and get pretty good pricing on the chemicals needed to make bio. As a newbie to bio I'd even be willing to trade some WVO for chemicals if the price is right or if you would just like to discuss processing I'd love to hear from you and compare how refineries do it. Feel free to call me on pricing of chemicals at 302-218-5444. We are a start up company in Delaware and are just starting to put inventory in our warehouse so give a call! We also have contacts with several trucking companies that offer pretty good discounts. Thanks for reading and have a Great Day!

A new company with competitive pricing on Bio chemicals. We also have competitive shipping rates when delivery is required.

Location: Wilmington, DE | Registered: April 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a Sulfuric Acid supplier in the Chicago IL area. Thanks for any info. I had one lined up, but having problems getting it delivered. Confused

posted Hide Post
Try Brenntag Great lakes, that, where I got mine, and be aware sulphuric is very heavy I would estimate a 55 plastic drum weighs around 900 pounds.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
location Ottawa Canada
Lye : Home hardware 90% pure
Cost: 20$ for 3kg

Methanol : http://www.drummonds.com/drummond_gas.htm
55 Gallon drums price varies but last time it was around 145$

posted Hide Post
i am located on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada, and have one and a half barrels of Methanol I want to get rid of as I am getting out of production. Will sell for $250. going price from wholesaler in Vancouver is over $500 Cdn , before tax. Will deliver within reasonable distance. Richard

posted Hide Post
We carry methanol in 1 - 55 gal. containers. Pick up or delivery in DE, Eastern MD, Southern NJ, Eastern PA.

RL Race Fuels
2066 Conowingo Rd.
Rising Sun, MD 21911
USA
302-299-7428

www.RLRaceFuels.com
www.CrouchAutomotive.com

Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm

Location: Rising Sun, MD | Registered: January 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm based in the South west of England and get my chemicals from GMP chemicals of Weston Super Mare, they stock Methanol, KOH NaOH, and H2SO4 well that's what i use regularly plus a load of other chemicals and solvents, the Meth is sold in 205L drums, £100 and 1000L IBC's the Caustic is sold in 25Kg plastic sacks. They also deliver with their own tuck. Personally i collect from their warehouse myself but if you do they won't let you transport the meth unless its in a trailer if your using a car or a truck with the body isolated from the cab, also a van wouldn't be acceptable unless the cab is isolated from the load area. this is for road safety in case of an accident.

VW Passat 2.0 TDI with a BKP engine (double OHC 16V) 140.0 PS Siemens PPD1.5 ECU P/N 03G906018CD Software No SN000F7600000, 75,000 miles on B100 and still going strong.

Location: Calne, Wiltshire, England | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post