BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cajun cowboy:
New orleans area : Harahan Auto parts and Machine shop has methanol he will fill small fuel cans and sell by the drum ..

no local connection yet for lye or KOH
help on that would be welcome
off topic but Cajun cowboy how long and how many miles have you been running bio in your 6.4 powerstroke

Location: Ft Smith Ar | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I make biodiesel here in st pete fl. I have accounts with univar and brenntag. I can sell you all chems for 15-20% over my cost. Right now that would be 2.40$/gal MEOH and 1.80$/lb KOH. I can get anything else you may need. You have to buy in drums and 50 lb bags I will not break up into smaller quants. COD.

Joe

02 duramax, bio since 04/08

Location: St Pete Florida | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
woops, Thats 1.35 $/lb for KOH

jwilson@chemsulting.com

02 duramax, bio since 04/08

Location: St Pete Florida | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that 1.35# sold to me?

Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
South Louisiana

Industrial Chemicals Inc.
Has Several Locations
Opelousas, LA 70571

Home: Birmingham,Alabama 35216
800-476-2042

$100.00 Minimum Order
As of 12-7-09
Methanol $1.96 a gallon or $107.80 for 55 gallon drum
KOH $1.50 a lb or $75.00 for 50 lb
Plus tax and etc.(For 1-55 gallon drum and 1-50 lb bag add around $50.00)

Location: South Louisiana | Registered: November 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a appleseed reactor and have had luck with it in the past. Last summer I ran into a water problem and gave up for a while. I want to return to making bio, however I'm worried about the inside of the reactor. How would I clean the inside of the reactor? Its a 40 gallon water heater. Main concern is water and algae.

posted Hide Post
Anybody on here have the names of chemical suppliers in Ireland?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frank_Daly,

A man who never made a mistake, never made anything.

Location: IRL | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting all of my biodiesel supplies from:
Duda Diesel Alternative Energy Store

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LA BD:
South Louisiana

Industrial Chemicals Inc.
Has Several Locations
Opelousas, LA 70571

Home: Birmingham,Alabama 35216
800-476-2042

$100.00 Minimum Order
As of 12-7-09
Methanol $1.96 a gallon or $107.80 for 55 gallon drum
KOH $1.50 a lb or $75.00 for 50 lb
Plus tax and etc.(For 1-55 gallon drum and 1-50 lb bag add around $50.00)

Would that apply to Birmingham Location??

JL

Location: Central Alabama (Marion Junction) | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Long:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LA BD:
South Louisiana

... $107.80 for 55 gallon drum...

JL

WOW !! Last drum I bought, middle of last year, was $235. Of course that guy keeps telling me "Methanol comes from corn."

Anyone know of suppliers in West Texas???

Location: West Texas | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seattle and North:

I buy KOH, NaOH, and Methanol in bulk. I would be happy to supply what I can to help. I live in up north (near Mt. Vernon), but I travel to Seattle a lot.

Current Pricing (March 2010)

KOH 50 lb bag $100
NaOH 55 lb bag $75
Methanol 55 gallon drum $200 plus $30 drum fee

email me if you're interested.

enviroclean@wavecable.com

Happy Processing!!

Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NaOH

K T Drilling Fluids
266 E Ridge St
Decatur, TX 76234-4720
Phone: (940) 627-7071

$20.00 for 50lb bag of Technical grade

Location: Decatur, TX | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
In Northeast Pa. methanol is $2.40/gallon @ Main pool and chemical, !!0 Commerce rd., Dupont, Pa. 570-655-7233. NaOH is around $1.00/pound in 50 pound bags.

2013 sponsor
posted Hide Post
By the way, I ran into a friend from high school (we're in our 50's) who is a plant manager for a facility that makes KOH. He said there was a global disruption in KOH production due to an outage at a KCl mine, required to make KOH. They are back in production and supply should be catching up with demand. How long it will take prices to ratchet back down is out of his control... but the market is being served.

2002 F-250, 7.3l on WVO since '04
'82 VW Rabbit diesel 1.6l na
'83 GMC 6.2l Class C RV
'85 F-350, 6.9l flat bed
'85 E-350, 6.9l cube van
2 Mercedes 300SD's
3 Chinese Changfa-style diesel generators- 12kw, 8kw & 7.5kw
Mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel generator/light tower
Kubota 2 cyl. diesel, water cooled air compressor
Onan 12.5kw air-cooled diesel genset
I run my company entirely on renewable energy including electricity from generators running on biofuels.

Location: El Dorado, Ark | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have methanol for $2 a gallon. I can get the price down if you order 3 or more barrels at a time. Bring your own barrel, I can fill it up.

www.turnerbiodiesel.com
www.turnerindustriesinc.com
Metal Fabrication and BioDiesel Products. Dry Wash Towers,Processors,Home Heating,Centrifuges,Steel Drum Cone

Location: Chippewa Falls WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Newark Delaware- Hillside Oil Company 302-738 4144[p]
Methanol $4.25 gallon. Bulk, your drum. 4 drum price $4.00/ gallon!! Give me a break!! These guys are smoking funny or the fumes are getting to them. This is the high end price when diesel was $5 a gallon and bulk Methanol was $2.55 about 2 years ago. Don't buy but give them a ring and let them know they are a ripoff.

posted Hide Post
Methanol $140 barrel from Clark Industrial in Pottstown PA

KOH flake $95 for a 50 lb bag from Pottstown Roller Mills. I got another price just up the road at $75 for a 55 lb bag from Brenntag Northeast- minimum 4 bags.

posted Hide Post
Any good prices in the northwesten pa, ny area for methanol. I got a drum for $100 in the middle of the summer ,but I drove 100 miles, seems like there must be a supplier in the Erie,pa area. Maybe couple of brewers could make a group purchase.

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turner BioDiesel:
We have methanol for $2 a gallon. I can get the price down if you order 3 or more barrels at a time. Bring your own barrel, I can fill it up.

In stock again, Price is now $115 a barrel if its your barrel. I may be able to have it shipped at a very low rate. Please inquire.

www.turnerbiodiesel.com
Metal Fabrication and BioDiesel Products. Dry Wash Towers,Processors,Home Heating,Centrifuges,Steel Drum Cone

Location: Chippewa Falls WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
330 Gallon tote. $694 plus $95 shipping, No tote deposit.

www.turnerbiodiesel.com