BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by nickythetie:
Stinkybob and tdi_

I'm also in the area and may want to participate in this as well. I'm fairly close to the Lowell area. This might be a good opportunity to collaborate, learn and share resources. I'm new at this as well, but I too like to jump into things headfirst. Let me know with a post if your interested and we'll work something out.

quote:
Originally posted by tdi_greendale:
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyBob:
I am in Dighton. I appreciate the heads up. I will be going there. Are they easy to deal with? Again I will be most likely getting a drum just because these places are not close. I am GREEN at this never having made more than 16 oz at a time. But I like to jump ni head first.
Once I get the methanol I will be more than willing to distribute it to folks who need less! My immediate needs for diesel... and in turn BD is about 400 gallons. So I am really eager to get a process that works!

I am building a cone processor through officialbiodiesel.com I have a source of yearly 260 gal from a restaurant about 15 min away and tested great! <1 my work has a cafe that has about 350 gal a year. please send me a message and I can get you in touch with someone in New Bedford who is looking at getting a barrel also. I am about 1 hr or a little more away from you near worcester and have a partner that uses $440 0 a year in fuel on 3 diesel pickups and I myself want to run it in my jetta, home generator and eventually an oil burner (currently gas/wood) so i will have to buy one.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I would kile to talk to the person from dighton ma.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

4-03- 2009
found great supplier in dunn north carolina
name is brainerd chemical located on hwy 301 behind john deer. they are stocking methanol for me a freinds at 130.00 a drum and koh at around 80.00 per 55lb. price subjectto market change of course let brian know gary from angier sent you. if we keep buying he will keep it in stock. they also have main office in tulsa,ok 918 622 1214 dunn office 910 984 7151

Location: angeir nc | Registered: August 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Denver / Colo Sprs Area
I need to buy Methanol and was hoping someone could point me in a good direction.
Thanks
Mike Cool

Rageous
Colorado Springs, CO

Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

info@70centsagallon.com
70centagallon.com they are based in florida.
Methanol $1.88/gallon Smile

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Dakota Distributing www.dakotadistributing.com
2520 Chambers St.
Venus, TX 76084

817-453-7776 ask for Tawny tawny@dakotadistributing.com

Their KOH is $1.45 a pound and can be ordered in any amount.
That makes 50 LB bags for $72.50

Sodium Hydroxide is only $26 for a 55.1115 lb bag

Drums of meth are $107.25($1.95 gallon) a drum including the drum. By the tote it is cheaper..

They have all chemicals. I was able to order 100% ISo, Hydrochloric acid and Bromo Blue for Soap Titrations..

Now they have to deliver so in the DFW area no matter how much goes on the truck it's $20. Outside they use UPS ground.. a 50LB bag of KOH would be roughly $20 depending on where you are. That is still cheaper than the best I have ever found that I go and pick up. Taylored Concepts is $95 plus tax and they do not ship.
Also outside of TX you wont have taxes but if you live in Tx they will have you sign a form and you w0nt pay taxes in TX either.
Hope this helps some peoples out. They gave ne permission to list this and look forward to the business..

Lisa 2006 Ford F250 6.0L Powerstroke with 12 inch lift

Location: TX | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Dontcha just love the lower methanol prices lately? I get mine from Jerry's speed shop in Toledo for 85 dollars a drum! Gotta love it! Smile

Blessings. Joe 1999 Chevy Suburban w/new optimizer 6500 TD and 1995 Chevy Cube van 6.5L. WWW.RillaBioFuels.com
WWW.RillaBioFuels.com

Location: Sterling Hts. Michigan USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Seattle and Eastside biodieselers I'm putting together a bulk order of methanol and Koh. The more I buy the better the price. Methanol about $2.40 gallon and Koh $1.60 lb + tax, delivery and barrel deposit if any. Call me (Brad) at 425-830-6603 or send a PM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Taz,

Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Any local NaOH suppliers in the Denver CO area that someone could recommend, plz?

The apprentice BD-maker, Denver CO

Vehicles: 2002 Dodge RAM with Cummins Turbo-diesel; 1985 MB 300D Turbo; 2006 Honda Pilot LX

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I just got a 55 lb. bag of KOH for $56. and change and a drum of Methanol for $93.00 and some change. The dealer is located in Piney Flats Tennessee and their name is ChemSolv. If anyone wants their number just let me know. Piney Flats is located in North East tip of Tennessee just miles from Bristol.

Location: Jonesborough, TN | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Confusedmethanol was toxic how can we handle it ,
it is more expensive than ,,,,...
we have a lot of ccoconut oil ,,
what was really the procedure?
in making biodeisel.
can any body sent me if you have some..
taocoshi@yahoo.com
thanks..

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Astro Chemicals in Springfield,Ma
KOH 50# bag was $2.10 per lb.
Methanol was $3.00 per gallon
Bought 4 barrels of methanol and 2 bags of KOH Total bill $914.00...OUCH!!!! Mad
Regards,
Joe D Smile

Location: Western Mass. | Registered: March 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Bought 4 barrels of methanol and 2 bags of KOH Total bill $914.00...OUCH!!!!

At those prices I might need to go buy some more MEOH and KOH. My total for the same would be $484.00. I sure hope prices don't go up again!

Location: Jonesborough, TN | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
4 barrels of methanol...$914.00...OUCH!!!!

You have to think about in terms of the value in fuel.

4 barrels = 220gal of methanol, even if you don't recover methanol, at 20% methanol per batch, that's 1100 gallons worth of fuel...at the $2.659 that diesel is around here today, that $914 gets you back $2925; a $2011 ROI. GOOD INVESTMENT!!

And if you recover methanol...it only gets better!

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Evonik/Degussa - Potassium Methylate, 32% - $0.95-0.98/lb, Sodium Methylate, 30%, $0.55/lb.

Methylate is nice b/c it's anhydrous, but not economical b/c since it's diluted with 70% methanol in it, you have to use a lot more of it (2-3 times more, typically). With potassium methylate, it's the same price per pound as sodium hydroxide, which means you're essentially paying the same price for NaOH per pound as you are for diluted potassium methylate (which can be $2-$3/lb for KO-CH3). While it is a little cheaper for sodium methylate, it's less than half the price per pound of NaOH, you still have to use 2-3 times as much, so that too is not the most economical (comes out to $1.10 to $1.65 per pound NaO-CH3).

But it is a great catalyst for higher FFA feedstock, if you don't have the means to acid esterify it (b/c you're creating methanol, not water, when neutralizing the FFAs).

Methanol - Methanex - $1.50/gallon

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I thought you might be interested in prices beyond the US.

Albion Chemicals ( they have a new name but I cant remember it)in Dublin are quoting 370 euro for 1000 litres plus 60 for ibc rental and 40 for delivery.

Thats 47 cents per litre which means my biodiesel will cost 11 cents per litre. Thats less than it cost 3 years ago when I started.

Dino diesel costs 105 cents per litre here in Ireland.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Salt Lake City area
methanol: Cruz Oil, 800 658 8444, $3.35/gal July 2008
Brenntag Pacific 801 975 1770, $3.97/gal May 2009
sodium hydroxide: Brenntag Pacific $100.97/50lbs bucket May '09

posted Hide Post
http://www.webbchemical.com/ Muskegon MI
Business to business only, 99.99 methanol 1.44/gallon if bought in a 345 gallon tote, Naoh is $0.85 per pound in 50 pound bags.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just got 4 drums from Van De Pol Enterprises in Stockton, CA for 2.65 Per gallon.

www.vandepol.us

Jon

1995 GMC Sierra k2500 6.5 TD

http://bayareabiodieselsupply.com/

posted Hide Post
Toledo, Ohio

Jerry's Speed Shop

Methanol, $92/drum + $15 core for drum. 10/8/2009

2006 Jetta TDI
2001 Powerstroke
2006 Jeep CRD
Kubota tractor