BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

In central Florida area there are two good suppliers of chemicals. In Longwood Bell Chem has really good prices and in the Oviedo/Orlando area Dumont has good prices. I get 55lb bags of NaOH for $40 from Dumont and get methanol for $3.95 from Bell Chem. That $3.95 was from 2 weeks ago.

Also a place called American Motor sports in the area sells 55 gallon drums of 99.99% pure methanol.

And then finally Whitaker chemical and solvents company sells methanol in drums for the most expensive... around $4.73 last i checked for a 55 gallon drum.

Drive diesels and make bio.

Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

just purchased a 55 gal drum yesterday, $160.

Supply is gettng tight and my supplier say they were being allocated methanol. Look for a price increase after the first of the year.

Location: Wrongview, Texas | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by gigem75:

Supply is gettng tight and my supplier say they were being allocated methanol. Look for a price increase after the first of the year.

$160 not bad, what area? I need a supplier in So Ca, anyone?

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Hi All,

I need Methanol supplier in MD, around the Gaithersburg area?

What kind of pricing do they have?

Cheers,
Lonnie

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Hi,

Please don't post discussion questions here, please start a new thread for it so that this sticky thread (ie featured permanently thread) stays uncluttered.

Mark

Location: Pittsboro, North Carolina | Registered: March 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Hello, getting ready for the switch to Bio-Diesel; can anyone tell me where in Northern New Jersey or PA that you can buy bulk Methanol and other necsry chemicals? also what is the Aporx. cost per gallon:

anyone have any comment about the Fuelmeister SYSTEMS? seems like a nice neat easy to follow package but it also seem as though you can build your own identical or almost identical for a fraction of the cost;

anyone care to comment?

TX Max

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

First;

quote:
Please don't post discussion questions here, please start a new thread for it so that this sticky thread (ie featured permanently thread) stays uncluttered.

but...

quote:
anyone have any comment about the Fuelmeister SYSTEMS?

Lots, see:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/91960555...261000751#7261000751

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

VANCOUVER BC
Both Methanol and Lye can be purchased with a businees licence at
Advance Chemicals Ltd.
Address : 2023 Kingsway Avenue, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 1S9
Telephone : 604-945-9666

1983 Mercedes Benz 300SD
290,000 miles. 50K on alt fuels.

Location: North Shore Vancouver | Registered: October 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Bessember Alabama
Methanol 99% pure
Harcros Chemicals 2.90 a gallon
1496 Alabama highway 150
Bessember Alabama 35022
phone #205 424 6128

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

supplier Methanol, KOH NAOH
address/phone number/website: Chemical Systems Co. LLC 18901 Omira, Detroit, Michigan 48203
Phone: (313) 892-3500
Fax: (313) 892-3533
open M-F 9-5.00
Please call for current pricing..

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Maxwell-------
You can get methanol at
Brenntag in Reading,PA.
I pay about $3.70g + delivery to L.I., NY.
A pallet of 4 drums delivered $840
Caustic Soad flake 99% $.70 lb. X 50

Location: Dix Hills, NY | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I was getting methanol from Brenntag @ about the same as your paying. Found a local race gas supplier, they are way way cheaper.

Location: Wrongview, Texas | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Methanol in Portland, OR

PH 800.422.5069
FX 503.288.0421
http://tarrllc.com

$48.65 per 5 gallon can
Notes: You can only buy (1) 5 gallon can per percahse. There is currently a methanol shortage and they are not taking on any new buisness or opening any new accounts for larger orders. Although they are owned by Chevron, Tarr sources their methanol from wood, rather than petroleum.

Location: PDX | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Tarr buys their methanol from Tauber, which is an importer from the plant in Chile and Argentina. The reason why Methanol is so high right now is becuase they can't buy any Natural gas to make methanol right now.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I am having a lot of trouble find methanol for less than $5 per gallon in socal. anyone have a cheaper supplier in socal.
thx

Location: seal beach ca | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Location: Middle Tennessee, Fayetteville, Shelbyville, Murfreesboro TN
Supplies: Lye - 55 pound bags of KOH, 50 pound bags of NaOH, smaller containers as needed.
Contact info: sales at fryerpower dot com

Email for pricing and delivery/pick-up information.

www dot FryerPower dot com
1987 300DT (The sedan, not the wagon.) Some modifications to the fuel system.
1995 S350D Unmodified fuel system.
I plead the 5th.

Location: Middle Tennessee, Jack Daniel's country | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Providence Rhode Island area Joe Mcgonagle with Univar, his number: 401-784-6604 his e-mail:joe.mcgonagle@univarusa.com

If it aint broke, dont fix it! But its ok to take it apart and see how it operates.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by Dieselfumes:
quote:
Originally posted by gigem75:

$160 not bad, what area? I need a supplier in So Ca, anyone?

Dieselfumes,
Try Gallade Chemical in Santa Ana, ph# (323) 771-8301. They are a little expensive, $5.35 per gallon last time I got some but they always have it. Also try SO CAL Performance. They sell it to local racers at the few remaining sprint car tracks. As for KOH I get it from an outfit in OR called Braintan. Not sure how competitive they are because I have never shopped around for that stuff.

2002 Ford F-350 7.3 with DIY checkvalve style system

Location: Capistrano Beach, CA | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Albany, NY
Surpass Chemical
Surpass Chemical Co. Inc.
1254 Broadway, Albany, NY 12204
Phone: 800 - 289 - 8101
Phone: 518 - 434 - 8101
Fax: 518 - 434 - 2798
Fax: 518 - 434 - 8135
Email: sales@surpasschemical.com

KOH 50 lb bag - 67.50

"What would you do with a brain if you had one?" Dorothy Gale

Location: Upstate, NY | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Time to resupply with methanol and KOH flake.
Quote from ASTRO Chemicals located in Springfield,mass.
1-4 drums Methanol $4.20 per gallon
KOH flake $.92 per pound.... Mad
Checked my previous buy from ASTRo on 5/07
$2.80 per gallon
$1.25 per pound.... Smile
Anyone else ready for supplies for 2008?
Joe.D

Location: Western Mass. | Registered: March 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post