BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List your KOH/methanol suppliers here
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

We provide methanol, KOH, NaOH and H2SO4 throughout the UK and export markets. Methanol 25L £18, 205L £95 and 1000L £388 all inc VAT. Log into our secure server for up-to-date prices. www.trinity-research.co.uk We also provide free glycerol disposal and can arrange a collection service at cost.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

is there any methanol dealers closer to va beach area than petersburg. even north east NC
thanks

Location: va beach va | Registered: March 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Allen Engineering in Mendon VT 800-649-5952
55 gal meth $215 + 45 Drum charge
Windward Petroleum Manchester NH 603-222-2900
55 gal meth $197 no drum charge

2002 VW Jetta TDI wagon 104k miles with 50k on homebrew BD
1995 Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel pickup 177k miles with 3k on BD
1982 MB 240D 201K all new BD proof fuel lines tank to injectors running B100 Daughters DD
1981 MB 240d 122k 4spd
My DD

Location: Vermont | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

technical grade Methanol 55 gal. drum 1-4 drum price.
$ 4.40 per gallon plus $25.00 drum deposit plus delivery fee.
Astro Chemical
64 Shaws Ln.
Springfield,ma.
413-781-7240
No paperwork or liscence required for 1-2 drums.
Over 2 drums if picked up at plant you will need a CDL liscence due to transportation regulations no more than 1,000 lbs of total flammable liquids on one vehicle. Joe.D

Location: Western Mass. | Registered: March 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

GM slightly off subject, but have you selected any dates or sites for a class in Mich or Pa or or or ND yet? With a little fine tuneing of our techneques from you, we could all make better use of the chemicals we buy learn to recover. (less buying,less demand,lower price,more bio made, more oil needed, more glycerin for legal's glycerin cleaned world!!! getting hungry, got to goget a burger and Lg fries. Todays small part of keeping the cycle going.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

David Allen Racing/Duneland
Mears, MI 49436
231-873-4047

Methanol- $2.85/gallon
Small discount with 55 gallon fill up

They have a 1000 gallon tank on tap! And no restriction on who they sell it to. Lots of dune buggies and sand dragger use it.

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Today I decided to get pricing on methanol from Univar here in Atlanta.
I was told by the sales rep that they could not sell methanol to biodiesel producers.
When asked why, she had no answer, so I asked to speak with a manager of some sort that could tell me why.
About 2 hours later I got a call from Univar indicating that it was a top-down policy to not sell to that sector at all.
I clarified that this was for a permitted commercial plant, not a backyard operation, and he replied it was sector wide.
He told me as a sales rep he hated to turn down any orders, but that this was the rule from corporate.
He did not know the rational for the policy.

Anyone else run into this?

Not a big deal, as I have a supplier, but I was just was curious about Univar pricing.

Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: June 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Looked up the price of methonal yesterday. $3.75/gallon in Wisconsin. Does anyone have it cheaper? Hard to make a go of it when it is this expensive!!! Thanks

Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: February 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I paid $2.45/gallon from the race shop I use about 3 weeks ago. I had to call about 6 places and be directed around in circles a few time before I found them. Better prices are out there, you just need to search more sometimes.

And look into methanol recovery...that's my next major step to cut costs.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

My last purchase was at $3.22 in sacramento, at Ramos Oil . That was March 17.

Ramos Oil Company, Inc

P.O. Box 401
1515 South River Road
West Sacramento, CA 95691

(916) 371-2570
FAX (916) 371-0635
Toll Free (800) 477-7266
Shop (916) 371-4398

Nice people too. With that difference, it would be worth a drive from Oakland.

Andrew

Andrew

http://biodieselcommunity.org
03 Dodge 2500 B100 homebrew
79 Rabbit B100 homebrew

Location: Northern California | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I have located the methanol at $3.30/gallon and the KaOH 55 pounds/$50 for flake and 50 pounds/$43 beads. This is a delivered price throught Wausau Chemical loacted in Wisconsin. The only question I have is what mixes better flakes or beads? Thanks

Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: February 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Go here for a nice up-to-date listing...
http://www.murphysmachines.com/resources/suppliers_locator.html

-Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

How about a source of methanol or KOH in South Florida (Palm Beach County, Broward County, Miami-Dade County)

THANKS!!!!

2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax 6.6L

Location: PSL, FL | Registered: April 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Advance Scientific& Chemical in Ft. Lauderdale has KOH, NaOH and Methanol (1-800-524-2436) and Port Consolidated division, Southern Racing Fuel has Methanol (1-800-683-5823). They are in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and W. Palm

Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

North Carolina

An Update on:
HANK THOMAS PERFORMANCE
917 Dixie Club Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27107
Phone : (336) 764-0854
E-mail : info@hankthomasperformance.com
www.hankthomasperformance.com

Current prices as of 4/28/2007 are
$3.00/gal when bought in a 54 gal barrel.
$3.30/gal if bought in smaller quantities.

Location: Saxapahaw, NC | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Potassium Hydroxide (KOH), Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH), Sulfuric Acid (H2SO4), & Phenolphthalien

Available now at Utah Biodiesel Supply
http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com

Direct link to the chemicals:
http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/chemicals.php

-Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I just received a quote on KOH from Vero Chemical in Vero Beach, Fl. It can be bought for $123.00 a 100lb drum with a 7 to 10 day delivery time

Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Supplier: Protea Chemicals, part of Prochem +27 11 821 3333

Hours: Regular working hours

Purity: KOH - 90% , Methanol - 99.9%

Cost: KOH - R10.14 per Kg Methanol - R4.15 per litre if 210 litre drums, cheaper if more than 3000 litres.

Special notes: The KOH disolves very well in the methanol. No business license needed but they wont deliver to a residential area...

Location: South Africa | Registered: October 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by Trinity Research:
We provide methanol, KOH, NaOH and H2SO4 throughout the UK and export markets. Methanol 25L £18, 205L £95 and 1000L £388 all inc VAT. Log into our secure server for up-to-date prices. www.trinity-research.co.uk We also provide free glycerol disposal and can arrange a collection service at cost.

FREE GLYCERO DISPOSAL: WOW! That is great. Does anyone know of places in the US that do this?

Location: USA | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Supplier: Conestoga Fuels Inc.

NaOH: 98% Pure 50 lb. bag $62.50

KOH: Special order and over $90.00 for 50 lb. bag

Methanol: 55 gal. drum $192.50

Delivery to South Eastern PA (maybe more) for $20 flat fee

Call Mike @ 717-397-6174

Location: Lititz, PA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post