BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    275 gallon pallet containers with concrete curing compound residues

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

275 gallon pallet containers with concrete curing compound residues
 Login/Join

posted
I recently acquired some 275 gallon pallet containers which were used for a waxed based, water emulsified concrete curing compound. I have tried to clean them out using hot water and a high pressure nozzle on my hose, however it is difficult if not near impossible to remove the residues from the sides of the container. I want to use them to store my veggy oil before processing. My yard is looking like a jug farm and my wife is not happy (you know how that goes). Does anyone know if the waxed based residues will have any effects upon my bio diesel if I store my oil in these containers? Or does anyone know of a better way to remove the stuff? Thanks!

Location: Northern, CA | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You very well may be able to clean the container with steam. As you've found out, hot water is not hot enough to dissolve the wax.
I wouldn't guess anything in the veg oil will disolve the wax. Some may be loosened and floating on top of the oil or dispersed still in solid form.
Going out on a limb here but depending on where the parifin comes from, it may be melted and turned into bio in the reaction if it's in the oil when the oil is put into the processor. Or may just be made into nothing.
If it produces bio, I would expect it to produce bio with a very high freeze point.

My .02, worth what you paid for it.

Location: central virginia | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post