BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    I can not dry the oil. Please see photo.

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can not dry the oil. Please see photo.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, first thank you for previous help. I'm drying the oil with a fryer and after 40 minutes at full power (more than 300 ° F) it still has bubbles, is it normal? Is water? I put pictures, thanks

ImageIMG_20180801_145459.jpg (29 Kb, 15 downloads)

posted Hide Post
One of the standard ways to check for water is to heat up a frypan to beyond 100 degrees celsius and pour a spoonful or two of oil in, taken from well down in the container - any bubbles will be water flashing off into vapour.

Many of the members here did research on "flash evaporation." Is anyone still around who could help? Murphy? Tim C Cook? Graham Laming?

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
You can find a lot of information about drying oil here:

http://www.make-biodiesel.org/...o-for-biodiesel.html

Rick

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrific Rick, thank you.

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll try it. Gracias.