BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    Making Biodiesel using domestic oil or vegetable oil

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Making Biodiesel using domestic oil or vegetable oil
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

My name is Roberto and I am from Ecuador. Right now, I am working on a project about biodiesel but I am a little confused about the differences of the raw material. Can you explain the differences of using domestic oil or vegetable oil. Will I be using the same biodiesel processor if I use the domestic oil or vegetable oil??

Thanks for your help...

posted Hide Post
HOLA SOY CARLOS MERA QUISIERA SABER QUE CLASE DE MAQUINAS SE NECESITAN PARA PODER CONVERTIR EL ACEITE VEGETAL EN COMBUSTIBLE Y SU PROCESO . RESPONDANME

fisico matemtico

Location: guayaquil | Registered: November 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by devil:
HOLA SOY CARLOS MERA QUISIERA SABER QUE CLASE DE MAQUINAS SE NECESITAN PARA PODER CONVERTIR EL ACEITE VEGETAL EN COMBUSTIBLE Y SU PROCESO . RESPONDANME
y saber si tengo un galon de aceite quedo saber cuantos litros se arian de combustible o que cantidad quedaria para el consumo

fisico matemtico

Location: guayaquil | Registered: November 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hola,

sobre las makinas todavia no estoy seguro...lo primero que kisiera saber es la diferencia de usar aceite domestico o usar aceite vegetal....

Eres de Guayaquil tambien??

posted Hide Post
IIRC the term "domestic oil" refers to petroleum oil that is not imported. You cannot make biodiesel with this.

Uds puedes impeisa su educacion aqui. Hay todas las informaciones sobre la producion de biodiesel.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I meant was the oil you use to cook...sorry

posted Hide Post
Just about all cooking oils can be turned into biodiesel. This includes:

lard (pig fat)
tallow (beef fat)
soybean oil
canola oil
coconut oil
palm oil
olive oil
corn oil
any vegetable oil.

The biodiesel from animal fats, coconut oil and palm oil is bad for cold weather use. It freezes into a solid at well above 32F or 0C.

Both used oils and virgin (unused oils) can be made into biodiesel. Used oils can be a little more trouble. If the used oil is very "burned up" and over used, that causes big problems and sometimes needs a more complicated process called acid/base.

Did that help?

troy

Location: north america somewhere close to the midwest, or not | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeap that helped....Thanks a lot.

Just one more question...Do you guys know where I can buy the Biodiesel processors from the United States?? If there is any company selling them.

posted Hide Post
Estimado Roberto;

There are a few different ways you can go about getting your biodiesel processed. One is to buy a kit and build it yourself, another is to buy everythig from scratch and build your own using the model idea that you feel best about or there is always the push button automated machines should you have the dollars to invest (no estan barato hermano).

Todos aceite o gorgo puede esta utilisar par hacer el biodiesel.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know they are not cheap but I really need to know where I can buy them so I can check prices.

posted Hide Post
Spingboard Biodiesel. They have a rotating banner on this forum.

posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate your help....Do you know any other company? I will be using the palm oil as a raw material.

posted Hide Post
There is another company that makes an automated, although I really can't say much about thema s I simply haven't looked into it much.

He buscando el web y encontrado estos, pero no le conosen nadie (gimme a break I don't get to practice much)
Son:
Biodiesel Place.
Enviro Fuel.

Like I said, I don't know them, just did a web search. Sprinboard has a pretty good reputation if that is any help.

posted Hide Post
yeah man that helped. Thanks a lot.