BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    High Performance Biodiesel
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Performance Biodiesel
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and stoked to have found it!

I own a small landscape maintenance company powered by B100. I built a charging station on my truck that powers a full arsenal of lithium-ion tools. I also recently started working with Springboard Biodiesel to research and promote the use of biodiesel. This summer I'm going to be modifying my 1994.5 factory turbo idi and documenting the performance differences using different biodiesel blends. The engine is currently completely stock.

Has anyone seen information about the effects of biodiesel on EGTs and how that would effect how much turbo boost you can run? My thoughts are that increasing boost will add the needed oxygen for biodiesel to burn better. I'm also wondering if there could be a balancing point between boost and EGTs that is much different from how you would tune for regular diesel?

Location: Northern California | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my studies high biodiesel blends do run slightly cooler EGT's than regular diesel fuel. But not by much, maybe 50-100F or so tops at wide open. What will lower your EGT's is adding more air and removing restrictions in the exhaust. Larger turbo, or feeding the engine more air is the best way to maintain lower temps.

Recycling & Green Fuels Research: www.altfuelsgroup.org
Ozone Eating Toys For Big Boys !!: www.suncoastexotics.com
Carefully Maintaining A Carbon Neutral Footprint...

Location: Southeastern Ohio | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post