BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    HDPE container for making biodiesel?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HDPE container for making biodiesel?
 Login/Join

posted
so I'm doing my first test tomorrow after class, I'll record it step by step and post so you guys can tell me if I can do anything differently.

I do have a few questions first though,
1 I have a TON of 1 gal HDPE milk containers... would these be suitable for making the biodiesel in? or would the methoxide burn through it after adding it to the oil? (I'm following the dr. pepper recipe 250mL methAl/7g NaOH)

2 ...

3 profit!

okay, so it's actually just that one question...
lets hope all goes well!

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a TON of 1 gal HDPE milk containers... would these be suitable for making the biodiesel in?

Yep!
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ah simplicity...
thanks,
-Ian

posted Hide Post

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post