Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just stopping in.
 Login/Join

posted
Hope all are doing well. We are still making fuel. I have a few photos to post and thought the grill would be a good place to post food related photos, Our farm was chosen to be included in a marketing program. I am glad my mom and dad have lived long enough to see some of the good things that happened to our farm.

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey FF! long time no see, I'm still making fuel as well, that is absolutely awesome about your farm and your folks getting to see it, just fantastic.
My place here is leased by a third generation family farm, they put in a pivot a couple years ago and they do only no till so they are actually building some soil up on this sand dune, when my Dad bought the place he did some hobby farming and the best he ever did was around 75 bushels per acre on corn, two weeks ago when they combined here they got close to 225 bushels per acre.
I'm glad my Dad could stick around long enough to see that too, he was amazed, but, if you got water and fertilizer you can grow corn on a sand dune.
It's good to see what you got going there and good to know I'm not the only one of the old timers to still be making fuel.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's good to see your ongoing success. I only wish you were close enough that I could buy your products. Whenever anyone states that biodiesel is impractical for a farm, I send them U-tube links that show your operations. I'm still making fuel from UVO.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fabricator, good to see you are still making fuel. Those are some very good yields on your ground. It is nice some of the old timers can see how things have changed from cutting corn by hand to cutting 5 ton per minuet while the machine drives itself. My dad is 86 and still helps out a lot and mom is 84 and still does all of the book work. And by the way, what is your latest project? I am sure you are not sitting around the house.

john galt, thanks for the kind words. Good to see you are still doing what we love to do.

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post