Tools

Hot Coffee
 Login/Join

posted
Hot Coffee

Gotta love those grand-kids.

I was eating breakfast with my 10-year-old Granddaughter and I asked her,
What day is tomorrow?".

Without skipping a beat she said, "It's Prime Minister Day!".

She's smart, so I asked her "What does Prime Minister Day mean?".

I was waiting for something about Trudeau or Martin, etc.

She replied, "Prime Minister Day is when Prime Minister Harper steps out of the Prime Minister Mansion,
And if he sees his shadow, we have 4 more years of Bull ****."

You know, it hurts when hot coffee spurts out your nose!

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hilarious!

posted Hide Post
Nearly a year since anyone posted here.

What happened.

The the bar and grill put up the shutters ?

dva

Location: Yorks,England | Registered: June 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never got a reply from you dva when I asked where in Yorkshire you were?

Dave, Strensall.

Sorry dva, just seen your reply, I've sent you a pm.

Location: YORK UK | Registered: April 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DGS,

No worries, got the PM.

This thread used to be very popular, mostly amongst the USA contingent.

Wonder why it died ?

Dave.

P.S. How many more (current) UK users are you aware off ?

Location: Yorks,England | Registered: June 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi dva,

quote:
Originally posted by dva:
Wonder why it died ?
I suspect the reason this thread has died and in fact the whole forum has been dead for several years is because a great majority of people who used to make and use biodiesel no longer make or use biodiesel.

There are several likely reasons for this large decrease in the number of people making biodiesel which includes but is not limited to the following points:
1. Diesel fuel in the USA is quite a bit cheaper than it used to be.
2. For the last 10 years or more, all diesel engines in automobiles have been of the Direct Injection variety. Manufacturers specifically warn against the use of biodiesel in these engines and the disasters that will occur if biodiesel is used. This results in many/ most people being very hesitant in using biodiesel in their expensive direct injection diesel vehicle.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Tilly,

You are probably right.

Here in the UK though, Diesel is still relatively expensive. I am paying £1.20 per Litre.

So one may have expected the UK bio scene to be still thriving.
I have noticed that it is very rare to get that whiff of bio from a passing vehicle these days.

I'm surprised there isn't a whole new sub culture of people going to scrapyards, dragging out and rebuilding Mercedes 300D cars to be used just on bio.

My old Citroens (both XUD) seem to be quite happy on the stuff. No way would I buy a modern all singing/dancing common rail Diesel engined car; even if I could afford one.

I have a MIG welder, a TIG welder and some old refrigerator bodies, I can make my cars last forever.

Dave.

(P.S. And two spare engines)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tilly:
Hi dva,

quote:
Originally posted by dva:
Wonder why it died ?
I suspect the reason this thread has died and in fact the whole forum has been dead for several years is because a great majority of people who used to make and use biodiesel no longer make or use biodiesel.

There are several likely reasons for this large decrease in the number of people making biodiesel which includes but is not limited to the following points:
1. Diesel fuel in the USA is quite a bit cheaper than it used to be.
2. For the last 10 years or more, all diesel engines in automobiles have been of the Direct Injection variety. Manufacturers specifically warn against the use of biodiesel in these engines and the disasters that will occur if biodiesel is used. This results in many/ most people being very hesitant in using biodiesel in their expensive direct injection diesel vehicle.

There is another reason why many don't post on here any more

Location: YORK UK | Registered: April 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post