Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home
Commissioning a Super Critical Bio Diesel Plant!

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/719109771/m/7317063083

July 29, 2015, 01:28 PM
cooper_farm
Commissioning a Super Critical Bio Diesel Plant!
In Chicago Illinois we(Jatro Diesel) have designed and built a super critical bio plant and I will be traveling with my bosses to perform start up and tune in all process. I am so exited. the fuel has a slight different aroma, zero soaps are created in this reaction . but smells similar when ran in my f250 psd. I have spent the past three years in research and development to help design based on the Saka Dadan process. Ill be there in two weeks and will post more about it. I am traveling in my truck with the wvo fuel pump from Graydon web site. Ive put 15k miles on the truck since installing this pump. and a lot of biodiesel. Thanks to Graydon for creating Utah Bio Supply, it is so informative, ill be sure to turn the lead operators on to UBS!

Thanks for reading

Cooper
August 04, 2015, 09:41 PM
cooper_farm
Arrived Aug 4. and my old Ford did good on the drive. I used 5 Gallons of my home made fuel and bought about 15 gallons . Starting the Commissioning tomorrow and I am so exited, Ill post more as the project moves forward, but it is patented so I cant give to much info. Lots of Temperature and Pressure!

Thanks for reading,
Cooper
August 04, 2015, 11:53 PM
Tilly
http://www.jatrodiesel.com/products/super-process

August 05, 2015, 09:41 PM
cooper_farm
Thanks for finding the link Tilly! I am so exited with this project. I cant believe how beautiful the plant is! I have brought a drone with a camera and I am going to get permission to capture some pics and I will try and post a few. Still have a long way to go, super critical bio is probably the future for industrial. ( In the links photo, the left is MeOH distillation and the right is Bio Diesel Distillation. Most of the process is outside on the four story platforms.

Thanks for reading,

Cooper
January 27, 2016, 11:31 PM
cooper_farm
With one million titrations and a whole bunch of karl fishers later this place is moving along, but its a giant learning curve for us all. The fuel is so pure, nearly zero mono, di, and tri's. Glycerin is about 89% pure after this reaction!
January 27, 2016, 11:57 PM
Tilly
Hi cooper_farm,

quote:
Originally posted by cooper_farm:
With one million titrations and a whole bunch of karl fishers later this place is moving along, but its a giant learning curve for us all. The fuel is so pure, nearly zero mono, di, and tri's. Glycerin is about 89% pure after this reaction!
That sounds very interesting.
How long does it take to do a batch?
What percent of methanol do you use?
What kind of yield are you getting?