BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Bio Brewers Bar and Grill  Hop To Forums  Bio Brewers Bar and Grill    Bio Brewer's Bar and Grill (off topic forum)
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bio Brewer's Bar and Grill (off topic forum)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy new year from the east coast USA.

With all the shotgun blasts I think my neighborhood is under attack!

Location: Sellersville, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many people died from the Fukushima nuclear incident?
How many people died from the Chernobyl nuclear incident?
How many people died from the Three Mile Island nuclear incident?
Any other nuclear reactor incident deaths we should note?
Perspective is important.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to keep it all in perspective

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are correct John Galt, perspective is very important.
Does incident= accident?
Can you list 3 or 4 individual coal fired power plant incidents and the number of deaths directly caused by these incidents?
quote:
Originally posted by john galt:

Location: Falcon Hill | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
there are abundant supplies of natural gas and even more abundant supplies of coal

John, your comment leads me to believe that you haven't bothered to watch Bartlett's video, and frankly I'm disappointed as I did ask for informed comment. Barlett addresses coal and gas specifically and states that there isn't nearly the buffer people think there is, and demonstrates why.

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The real problems are growing population and fossil fuel pollution. China appears to be using one to counter the other.

...and there is nothing I can do about it, other than continue to avoid consuming products from China.

quote:
John, your comment leads me to believe that you haven't bothered to watch Bartlett's video
I reviewed his study, I have more important things to do with an hour of my time than watch his video. This is nothing new that wasn't covered in 1972 with Limits to Growth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Limits_to_Growth

Food and other resources won't be distributed equally. Lots of people are going to die from famine and plague. I already consume less than a quarter of the energy and resources of the average person in N.America or Oz-Nz. I refuse to live an Amish/vegan lifestyle so that starving people in urban slums might live a few more years.

People are poor and starving because they don't produce anything of value worth trading with others.

Life isn't fair, it's hard. Adapt or die.

posted Hide Post
quote:

How many people have been displaced from their homes from Nuke incidents never to return?
How much land has been laid to waste for the next 30-300 years?
How much food and areas of agriculture have been contaminated.
How many Children have been born with serious mental or physical defects?
How much contamination has been released into the air and seas?
How much contamination has blown around the globe to other counties affecting their food production?
How many people have had their lives seriously affected?
How much mental anguish has this caused how many people?
How long will the cleanups go on for?
How long will it take to make Chernobyl and Fukishima totally safe? The answer to that one is they never will be.

There is a lot more to it than just death figures which are never collected by gubbermints in the first place so as to avoid the horrific truth.

You are right, perspective is important.
You can be honest and look at the facts of the total picture of all the effects and damage or just stick your head up your arse and choose to look at one convinent and manipulated figure that suits the position you favor instead of the honest truth.

posted Hide Post
Over one-third of natural gas produced in North Dakota is flared or otherwise not marketed

"Any sources and methods of intelligence will remain guarded in secret. ..." G.W. Bush

posted Hide Post
Chernobyl

The Chernobyl Union of Ukraine, a non-government body, estimates the present death toll from the disaster at almost 734,000.

Of course that still leaves the birth defects

Location: Sam's Bar and Grill | Registered: April 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which of course proves my point. Chernobyl was a nuclear disaster, like many found all across the old Soviet Union. Fukushima was by comparison a minor nuclear incident. Three Mile Island even less. An inept political system and lack of regulations can make any technology dangerous. Given the choice would you rather have Russian car or a Japanese car? It's like comparing a Lada with a Toyota.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Which of course proves my point. Chernobyl was a nuclear disaster, like many found all across the old Soviet Union.
That is where I made my mistake.
I missed the post where you acknowledged that Chernobyl was a nuclear disaster and that nearly Three Quarters of a million people had died as a result.
And you say there were many other nuclear disasters across the old soviet union. I have not read of them. Can you list all the nuclear disasters that occurred in the old soviet union.
How many millions of people would have died as a result of all these nuclear disasters you say occurred?

Location: Falcon Hill | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Learn how to use Google, don't expect to be spoon fed. Here's a hint to get you started finding hazardous nuclear sites all across the old Soviet Union:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05....html?pagewanted=all
It shouldn't take you long to find more.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Learn how to use Google, don't expect to be spoon fed. Here's a hint to get you started:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05....html?pagewanted=all
It shouldn't take you long to find more.
I looked closley at the site you linked to and there is no mention of a nuclear disaster. Did you make a mistake in your link?
I did do a google search and found a link to a UK nuclear disaster that was successfully covered up.

I am really anxious to see all the Soviet Union Nuclear disasters that you say occurred because I can then show my Ruskie friends just what a bad government they had back then compared to now.

posted Hide Post
If you're even half as smart as Tilly you'll figure it out on your own. Consider it a homework assignment for your edification. Cheers matey!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're even half as smart as Tilly you'll figure it out on your own.
Considering that I can not find all the Nuclear disasters you say occurred in the old Soviet Union it seems I am not even as smart as you. I could not possibly be half as smart as tilly.

posted Hide Post
The Problem With Public Housing

The problem with public housing is that the residents are not the owners. The people that live in the house did not earn the house, but were loaned the property from the true owners, the taxpayers. Because of this, the residents do not have the "pride of ownership" that comes with the hard work necessary. In fact, the opposite happens and the residents resent their benefactors because the very house is a constant reminder that they themselves did not earn the right to live in the house. They do not appreciate the value of the property and see no need to maintain or respect it in any way.

The result is the same whether you are talking about a studio apartment or a magnificent mansion full of priceless antiques. If the people who live there do not feel they earned the privilege, they will make this known through their actions.

The pictures below illustrates the point…

The Resolute Desk was built from the timbers of the HMS Resolute and was a gift
from Queen Victoria to President Rutherford B. Hayes.
It is considered a national treasure and icon of the presidency.

Mr. Obama, you are not in a hut in Kenya or Indonesia, or public housing in Chicago ...

Mr. Obama, with all due respect, get your f@*k#n feet off our furniture!

As a matter of fact, get the hell out of the peoples’ house and take your arrogant staff with you.

posted Hide Post
Don't know if you saw this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=zbfZxvsDp3c but it is worth seeing again.

An excellent pictorial of the aftermath of Chernobyl here:

http://www.angelfire.com/extre...dofspeed/pluto1.html

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, they could have tried a little harder in the Nissan commercial... Roll Eyes That is some bad acting! Big Grin
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
The Problem With Public Housing

The problem with public housing is that the residents are not the owners. The people that live in the house did not earn the house, but were loaned the property from the true owners, the taxpayers. Because of this, the residents do not have the "pride of ownership" that comes with the hard work necessary. In fact, the opposite happens and the residents resent their benefactors because the very house is a constant reminder that they themselves did not earn the right to live in the house. They do not appreciate the value of the property and see no need to maintain or respect it in any way.

The result is the same whether you are talking about a studio apartment or a magnificent mansion full of priceless antiques. If the people who live there do not feel they earned the privilege, they will make this known through their actions.

The pictures below illustrates the point…

posted Hide Post