BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Mercedes    considering buying an 85 190 D

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

considering buying an 85 190 D
 Login/Join

posted
I am considering buying a 85 Mercedes 190 D with about 150,000. like my 98 chev 6.5 turbo diesel ck 3500 4 X 4 I plan on running 60% diesel fuel with 40% veg oil in a 1 tank system. any comments good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

posted Hide Post
I'd be looking at biodiesel over straight vegie for a 1 tank system. The two are 100% miscible, like vodka and water, whereas veg and no 2 will separate and may not cause immediate problems but will eventually.

My .02 HTH

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://forums.craigslist.org/?act=Q&ID=274000708

I converted a couple of these 10 years ago, and the owners couldn't find people to service them then, except for the $$$$$ M-B dealer. Only do it if you can fix it yourself with parts from a junkyard.

P.S.
I've done wvo + diesel blends in my TDI and my F-250 single tank for 13 years. never had any problems with the fuels separating. Started with up to a 50/50 blend after a night outside in the low teens *F.

You'll be fine with a 60/40 blend of diesel + wvo. If you want insurance just add a small FPHE in series with the fuel filter.

1-tank Elsbett VW TDI , 220,000 WVO miles.
http://ctbiodzl.freeshell.org/votdi.html
and a '92 F-250 with only a FPHE

Location: Ct,USA | Registered: November 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post