BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Mercedes    Can you identify what this part does?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you identify what this part does?
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Mercedes people, I have a 1991 350sd, and I am having a heck of a time figuring out what a broken part in the fuel system is/does.

The fuel line comes up from the tank, and enters a little plastic nipple that does a 90 degree into a little piece mounted just above the motor mount. From this little piece, two nipples connect to two fuel hoses that run back to hard lines that curl around the back of the oil filter--I assume one taking fuel away, and one returning--and a fourth nipple has a fuel line that leads to the lift pump bolted to the bottom of the injector pump.

The little plastic nipple first referenced is cracked.

Anyone know what this bit is? I thought it was a lift pump, I then realized what I saw sold as the lift pump was bolted to the bottom on the injection pump, so now I have no idea what it is. Can I bypass it if I have an auxiliary fuel pump? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Nathan

I can email a picture if that would help--too big to attach to this post...

2001 Excursion
Stock diesel tank, plus 55 aux WVO tanks from Northern tool. HIH to Raw Power pump (stock pump plumbed parallel as a backup). 30 plate FPHE, 203* tstat, heated canister filter, Thermometer controlled Vegetherm mega in case I ever want to visit Alaska and need a bit of a boost. Mechanical selector and loop valves plumbed into floor left of drivers seat. 249k miles--75k on biodiesel/WVO.

Location: Florida | Registered: May 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post