BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Mercedes    bought a wvo converted car and need advice

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bought a wvo converted car and need advice
 Login/Join

posted
OK, I'm a fairly competent mechanic as far as gas engines go, and somewhat knowledgeable with diesels. I bought a 1985 Mercedes 300sd that had been converted to wvo. It had a fuel line sucking air and a dead battery. Otherwise it is a fairly clean car. I ran a line from the diesel tank and drove it home. (2 hours on the interstate at 80+) The stock diesel tank is gone, a plastic cell with, I'm told, dual heat exchangers in its place. There are separate insulated oil lines going to the engine bay. There are 2 solenoids, another heat exchanger, and a small electric inline fuel heater, as well as a second fuel filter in the engine bay, and a manual t, supposedly to flush the lines in case you forget to switch back to diesel before you shut the car down. It has the al129x Saab 115 amp alternator, which just went bad, and is ordered. As far as the line and solenoid setup, does it sound right, or can it be simplified? From what I can see, one solenoid switches flow into the engine, the other, the filters? Not entirely sure? A diagram would help, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Location: sw pa | Registered: December 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your purchase.
It is incredible the silly setups people will install in a vehicle and then expect reliability.
It will be possible to sort out your 300SD properly.
I can advise you accordingly with how to sort out your 2 tank system if you still need help.