BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Mercedes    2015 MB Sprinter on B100!

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 MB Sprinter on B100!
 Login/Join

posted
Can I be the first to say that I have a 2015 MB Sprinter running B100?

I need help.
I have researched BD production and will work to produce my own once I confirm that my Van will run the B100 safely.

Have at her boys and girls.
Waiting to here the gospel.

So, how does one go about deleting the DPF in the ECU?
Assuming the lines are compatible for BD, what else has to be researched to use B100 in this engine?

Mark

Location: Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark...
I am very interested in what your doing...
And without having researched it...I wonder if you have a DPF filter as many newer models now have urea injection...

Location: Ontario | Registered: April 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dannodiesel:
Hi Mark...
I am very interested in what your doing...
And without having researched it...I wonder if you have a DPF filter as many newer models now have urea injection...

There should still be a DPF on that even with DEF injection.

quote:

So, how does one go about deleting the DPF in the ECU?

never done that. As a mechanic I would be screwed if ever caught but I found this

21 years off the grid and counting

Location: Muskoka, Ont, Can | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. Thanks for the interest.
SO yes, the newer vans have the dpf and the bluetec.
http://techcenter.mercedes-ben.../bluetec/detail.html

However, I have no information that confirms the newer MB vans still rely on the fuel injection into the exhaust. Perhaps the Urea injection is done instead. If so, that would be a great relief. I know that the DPF does have a differential sensor to detect the need for a regen. Just not confirmed on how it goes about it once it is required.

It seems to me that B100 will have less particulate in the exhaust that ULSD. Therefore, requirement for a regen should be less frequent under all or most of the same driving conditions with ULSD.

For the record I do mostly highway driving. Yes, deleting the DPF is a drastic measure. I hope there are workarounds. I am looking for information that would allow me to run for example: 3 tanks of B100 followed by a tank of ULSD. A frequency/ratio most likely to allow for proper DPF regens...

Finally the concern about the Common Rail Direct Injection. There have been reports of people destroying their injectors with BD. Notes about the wrong viscosity for really high injection pressures... Looking for information to better understand this for my MB Van.

Mark

Location: Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke to a guy who goes around the world tuning rally cars about this a few months back.

He said he knows beans about OEM computers and only had a basic knowledge of Diesels ( which probably means he knows a shipload) but said an aftermarket computer could be used in place of the OEM one and the DPF function eliminated with no problems to the engine or consumption.

It struck me that rather than shying away from newer engines, there is a lot we could be doing with them. My minimal knowledge of Vehicle computers tells me some can be tuned and others are not adjustable but certainly the aftermarket computers have a LOT more functions then the OEM ones and can be a lot more powerful as well.

We know Bio is miles cleaner than Dino with the exemption of one single gas so having a DPF to clean up bio emissions is a pointless thing anyway.

The guy I spoke to rattled off a number of things that the aftermarket computers have that he tunes into the rally cars that would work really well on diesels. One was the ability to get the engine to boost pretty much straight away by adjusting the injection timing and fueling rates on a mapped scale.
He also pointed out the sensors that he puts into the systems which are available on a number of Japanese local market cars which tune the engine according to the amount of ethanol in them.
He said he thought this could be done with Bio/ diesel mixes as well.

It was clear talking to him that a properly tuned Diesel could produce heaps higher power without over stressing the engine and get better economy as well once the emissions considerations were eliminated and engine set up for max efficiency.

I believe there are already a lot of Chips and computers available for US made trucks already that have
marked effects in exactly what this guy was talking about.

Clearly ANY electronic diesel could be set up for running bio without problem and I'm sure a lot would be fine with veg as well.