BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  USA Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Texas    Texas Biodiesel Email Group
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Biodiesel Email Group
 Login/Join

posted
Hey, Texans:
I have been watching and reading this list for a while now, and it seems that it might be helpful to promote better communication among biodieselers (including wannabes, longtimers, SVO'ers, etc.) in Texas. Two reasons: 1) it is a big state with widely spread enthusiasts, and 2) it is kinda hard to overcome the 'good-ol-boy' gas and oil tradition.

As examples, Austin is organizing a biodiesel group, with their first meeting 23 May. I am going to be in San Antonio for a solar energy event (Solar Fest, 8 June, Maverick Park) . A fiend and I are going to show our SVO and biodiesel activities.

To the goal of better communication, I have emailed everyone I could find whose profile had a Texas address and an email address. I have gotten responses from El Paso, Grapevine, and Austin, among others, and I know there must be a lot more. If anyone else would like to participate, please email me at DavidWPotter@starband.net and I will add your name. I hope to hear from you, and maybe we'll see you in San Antonio!

David W. Potter

Posts: 55 | Location: Orange Grove, Texas, USA | Registered: April 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I am a high school teacher and I am determined to produce biodiesel in the Rio Grande Valley in August. what I need are some good tips on where to find equipment and what to look for when buying a diesel car.
Basically, any information that you can throw at me the better.

Thanks
Merrick Tracy

Posts: 1 | Location: Weslaco, TX | Registered: May 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Merrick:
Welcome to the Forum! Small world: I grew up in Harlingen and my dad still lives there. I get down there occasionally as well.

You will find your answers on this Forum. One of the best ways is to do a search (blue word "search" at the top of most (all?) screens). Or just browse the categories. There is a wealth of info already posted. There are several other websites supported by members; you can search for those, too. In a way, many things have already been thrown at you--and everyone else. And, at the risk of sounding like a shill, I'll tell you that you can also get a copy of Tickell's book, From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank.

Regarding vehicles: Don't buy an Isuzu P'up! (Just kidding. I have one but have a hard time getting any energy out of it: it's a lazy P'up.) Since I am not looking now (and may have suspect taste), others can help here. Again, searching the forum is a good idea. I have heard that if you take off the oil cap on a Diesel engine while it's running and it blows air out, you don't want it. Bad valve guides?

I live near Orange Grove (2-3 hours north of Weslaco) and I am putting together a processor now. I have done a couple of test batches. Let me know and you can come see it. There are also a few others around South and Central Texas (growing slowly) who can help.

David W. Potter

Posts: 55 | Location: Orange Grove, Texas, USA | Registered: April 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave my name is Brook GOlling I am currently working with Whitman Direct action to promote small scalle bio diesel processing in Central America this summer. We are driving a Bio diesel bus all the way down and have run into some trouble crossing the boarder from El Paso we might be held up here for a few days or a week. To make good use of our time I am looking for some home brewers in the area that I could talk to and possible get some bio diesel donated and or buy some at cost. we have been storing Bio diesel on our bus and looking like we are coming up about 100 gal short to get to Quatemala on B100. If you know some contacts within a few hour drive I would love to try and talk to them, my e mail address is Freeskier24@hotmail.com THanks Brook

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Live in San Antonio, Texas and am going to try to convert an old Silver Eagle Bus/Motorhome into SVO. I would like to contact anyone In Texas with simular intersts.

Thanks, Nick

nickinbrazil@yahoo.com

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You lucky guys have the National BioD Convention in San Antonio next month February 4-7 at the Gonzales Convention Center. Check it out and visit our booth.

Doug Felt
800-874-8976
Dixon Pumps Inc.
PO Box 80008
Billings MT 59108
Fax 406-245-5606
www.dixonpumps.com
dfelt@dixonpumps.com

Doug Felt

Posts: 497 | Location: Billings MT | Registered: May 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I live in Orange Grove Mr Potter . I am modifying my processor right now but would like to get a hold of you and see your set up

05 Chevy Truck-B100
06 VW Jetta TDI-B100
http://www.biodieselpictures.com/viewtopic.php?t=366

Posts: 38 | Registered: May 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone near Plantersville/Magnolia?

Posts: 25 | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My shop is over in Pinehurst , not for from Magnolia .

Posts: 1081 | Location: Crosby Tx. | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi I live in Nome,TX @ 15miles west of Beaumont,TX. I have a 2000 & 2006 Dodge.
I have been making for over a year. Recently have started blending because of cost and labor.
Everything has worked out so far.
I am using WVO & RUG plus Jet A when cold.
Seems so far to be adding horsepower and millege. Cost are @ $.50 to .60/gal.
I am glad to see others in Texas.

Posts: 13 | Registered: February 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey by the way. I process quite a lot of fuel.
lets just say it is hundreds of gal.per week.
I sell of road to farmers and such.
Very seldom pay for oil.

Posts: 13 | Registered: February 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
any one out there magensol washing? i would like to buy a few pounds and try some,i am located in the victoria area.
grease junky

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am in the Austin TX area. I am looking to start making Bio-d but I would like to talk to others who are successfully doing it

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love2hunt... I am hoping to begin test batches within the next week or so.. Please let me know how it's going for you. Maybe we can get together and help one another in this endeavor. I am in Leander.

Posts: 2 | Location: Leander, TX | Registered: April 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love2hunt, I am in Plantersville and my sister lives in south Austin. I come up occasionally and if you need some help PM me.

Posts: 25 | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post