BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Energy Options  Hop To Forums  General Energy Discussion    Dimethyl Ether from new safe nuclear process

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dimethyl Ether from new safe nuclear process
 Login/Join

posted
What if I could give you a safe replacement for nuclear energy, coal and oil at the same time?

I can't, but maybe in time I can, because I'm in engineering school.
I've been enraptured by what I've been hearing and confirming myself about something that may be the panacea for our energy problems. It's called a Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor, and there are so many upsides to this new energy source, even the downsides are manageable.

I won't go into the details of the nuclear physics, but it's basically a safer nuclear reaction by a big factor, and its byproducts may be just as valuable.

Byproducts like Dimethyl Ether, which can be used in diesel engines without engine modification, and this liquid's purity from the process used to make it is high.

The list goes on and on,
Pros and Cons list
Nuclear Ammonia->Dimethyl Ether

To the mind that is still, the universe surrenders - Lao Tzu

Location: Klamath Falls | Registered: June 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
LFT has been a staple of the Chinese energy platform for some time now, and yes, it is FAR safer than the ticking time bombs they use now. The only thing I am not clear on is is this method also viable for medical isotopes?

There is now (after Fukushima's ongoing disaster) growing interest in this technology and hopefully we will see the day when uranium will be left in the ground.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post