BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Acid Esterification    Pretreating with glycerin / glycerol high soaps

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pretreating with glycerin / glycerol high soaps
 Login/Join

posted
I have been pretreating about 500 gallons of wvo that titrates at 4 and bringing it down to 3 using 110 gallons of glycerol from my processor. I've noticed that my soaps are high though, around 3000 ppm. I was wondering if the soaps that settle out in the glycerin after transesterification are becoming suspended in the wvo that I am pretreating. Both the oil and methanol are dry.
I am mixing at 140 f. for 2 hrs, then settling overnight.

Location: Portland, Maine | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so you're starting the trans at T3 oil..

I would suggest normal base process..FORGET AE!!

-dkenny

'84 bluebird school bus, DD8.2L turbo( 4/2011, the bus tranny has died..Frown 8.23.11 bus driven to scrap yard Frown )
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Smile - the wife's
99 dodge 2500 5.9l 24v..-mine Smile
everything run B100 when its warm enough Smile

Location: RTP, North Carolina | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post