BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Acid Esterification    Have another AE batch but titration won't change
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have another AE batch but titration won't change
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Not so sound like a broker record, but it makes a lot more sense to do the glycerin wash AFTER the AE. That way your going into transesterificaiton with a basic oil and thus you won't create water by adding more base.

Location: CO, CA, KS, or FL | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there!

Long time, no post (by me).

We are finalizing our 400 gallon SS reactor and I am looking for a PID controller to regulate our electric heating element.

WHAT is one?
WHERE do I buy one?
HOW expensive is it?

-Matt

posted Hide Post
I feel I should apologize to heatbeater. This thread has moved way past his titration issues. Mostly my fault. I'll make a new thread later to discuss the pretreatment further unless someone else has already done so.

Hope your titration finally dropped to acceptable levels heat.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel I should apologize to heatbeater

It's easy to wonder onto other aspects of AE and right now I don't give a poop ,because it looks I can get the titration to drop. Right now its down to 4 and I added another 60 cc. of acid and hope it drops some more and than I'll go to the base reaction. I've used a total of 400 cc. of acid which seems like alot to me. ONe reason why I tried a glycerin pre-treatment was to help pull any water out of the wvo. Even though I heat and pump for a day or two to de-water ,I thought it would help especially for AE.

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post