BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Acid Esterification    Glycerin Settlement

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glycerin Settlement
 Login/Join

posted
I've Been Making 40 G A Week Of Bio For 9 Months With The Single Stage Method. I Recently Made Two Successful Batches With The Two Stage Acid Process Using A Mixture Of Creamy Oil & Peanut Oil. I Drew Out The Appopiate Amount Of Glycerin Into Two Seperate Containers For Each Batch. Upon Allowing The Glycerin To Settle For Two Weeks - There Is Aprox. 1 Gallon In Each Container That Is Forming At The Top Of The Container That Looks Like Bio. It Is Golden In Color. Is This Bio With Methanol In It?

posted Hide Post
Yup

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can This Bio Be Drawn Off & Used?

posted Hide Post
Yup

Location: Illinois | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That all you guys can say?

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm Just Looking For Help. Is There Something That I'm Doing Wrong That This Is Happening?

posted Hide Post
Nope.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry: couldn't resist!

Glycerin always contains a little bit of bio that doesn't settle out right away. Given a very long period of time, it will settle out though.

I pour all my glycerin into a 55gal drum and every month or so I skim about 2-3 gallons back off the top and put into into my next batch as it is settling.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks For The Help.