BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Acid Esterification    Sulfuric Acid in Houston, TX

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sulfuric Acid in Houston, TX
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have a source for SA in Houston? Or nearby? I'd rather buy it by the gallon rather than pay haz-maz shipping charges.

I'd buy 4-5 gallons if necessary.

The more I know about biodiesel, the less I know about biodiesel.
I may come off as sarcastic or funny. That's because I am.
"You have reached Mr Medic, please leave a message after the beep. If you would like to hear this message in another language, move your ass to a country that speaks it."
Life is WAY too short to not laugh anytime you can.

Location: Houston, TX | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ace Hardware sells two different brands of sulfuric acid. They are on the drain cleaner isle.

David Norwood

2001 F350 7.3 DI purchased new by me and it is the first DI experimented with and talked about on this forum.

Updated 1/2011 Alternative Fuel User Since 2003-vo is always in my fuel. Only one fuel tank. GPI/CIM-TEK spin on filterhead and 10 micron filter. Superchip. Hutch and Harpoon mods 2010. Diesel inline filter between tank and Airtex E2236 fuel pump (rated to 110 psi).Fuel pressure gauge. HOH for fuel line heat from tank to 12v lift pump. Two 12v 36" heaters, one before add on filter and one before OEM filter.

Cool weather mixes updated 2010. 100% vo to 70°. 66% to 35°. 50% to 10°.

Location: Upstate South Carolina , USA | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll check tomorrow.

"You have reached Mr Medic, please leave a message after the beep. If you would like to hear this message in another language, move your ass to a country that speaks it."

Location: Houston, TX | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sulfuric Acid is also for sale at your local auto parts stores...
Usually sold by the pint or so... Battery additives.

I don't know the purity.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the names are Rooto and Liquid fire. A good test for effective acid is to place a table spoon of sugar in a small plastic container.Pour a small amount of acid over it. Within 60 seconds the sugar will react and turn into a larger black blob.

David Norwood

2001 F350 7.3 DI purchased new by me and it is the first DI experimented with and talked about on this forum.

Updated 1/2011 Alternative Fuel User Since 2003-vo is always in my fuel. Only one fuel tank. GPI/CIM-TEK spin on filterhead and 10 micron filter. Superchip. Hutch and Harpoon mods 2010. Diesel inline filter between tank and Airtex E2236 fuel pump (rated to 110 psi).Fuel pressure gauge. HOH for fuel line heat from tank to 12v lift pump. Two 12v 36" heaters, one before add on filter and one before OEM filter.

Location: Upstate South Carolina , USA | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Battery acid won't work, only 20% pure or somthing like that.

posted Hide Post
I ( and others ) have used the Rooto before, it sells for about $16 a gallon .

David Norwood

posted Hide Post
Give me a call at AAA Chemicals; 281-229-3090 is my cell or 281-478-4460 shop. We are in Pasadena.
thanks
Howard

Location: Shoreacres, Republic of Texas | Registered: October 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post