BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Acid Esterification    I have some wvo that titrates 15

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have some wvo that titrates 15
 Login/Join

posted
I finally made it though the learning curve doing AE and have made some 40 gallon batches with good results. I was almost going to give up when I had a few screw ups. I've been using 160 cc's of Rooto on 40 gallons (152 liters) of wvo that titrates 10 -12,but now I have some wvo from 2 years ago that titrates 15. Should I bump the acid up? I have a whole tote of this stuff that looks like there's about 70 gallons of liquid fryer shortening on the bottom ,which I'm thinking about draining off. I might cube the stuff up and process later,because it clouds ups.

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
want to trade?
I have some 30+KOH oil..

15 is easy..just do what you're think up the acid a little..you've been using 160ml for 10-12..ok try 180mls..

MAKE SURE THE OIL IS DRY! HTP is the start of dry enough.

-dkenny

'84 bluebird school bus, DD8.2L turbo( 4/2011, the bus tranny has died..Frown 8.23.11 bus driven to scrap yard Frown )
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Smile - the wife's
99 dodge 2500 5.9l 24v..-mine Smile
everything run B100 when its warm enough Smile

Location: RTP, North Carolina | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post