BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Acid Esterification    Which Processing method for acid phase

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Processing method for acid phase
 Login/Join

posted
I am about to process with the acid base method for the first time as my wvo has gone from a koh titration of t 2/3 to t10. Fish and chicken outlets are using their oil longer to cut costs.The wvo from the chicken outlets tend to have an excess of chicken fat making it difficult to get clean separation with a single phase base recipe .After reading up on infopop and on various websites there is considerable difference of opinion as to processing procedure for the acid stage.Some say mix acid and methanol together then introduce it to the processor and some introduce the methanol first then the acid,personally I prefer the latter easier and safer to do.When it comes to processing ,some say mix for 20 minutes and let cool and settle for 12 to 24 hours,some say mix for 2 hours and maintain heat as it settles for 12 to 24 hours.Others say maintain heat and mix for 4 to 12hours until the desired titration level is reached.Can anyone give me guidelines on what the best method is.Thank you in anticipation.

Location: Kokstad.Kwazulu Natal.South Africa | Registered: June 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post