BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Acid Esterification    Appleseed and Acid

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appleseed and Acid
 Login/Join

posted
Like many of you my oil supply; that at one time was okay, has turned to bad - it titrates REALLY high with NaOH - in the +8 to +10 g/liter.

I have an appleseed processor.

Are you all using the Acid-Base process in an appleseed with good results? Is the Acid eating away the metal tank/pipes/pumps and brass fittings?

thanks

Location: Colorado | Registered: May 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buff
-current processor 1.5 years of AE every batch. not sign of any bad stuff Big Grin. my previous processor, small 27 ltr all 3/4 copper plumbing no sign of any deterioration when It was removed from service after 4 years. My tanks are steel propayne tanks, about 1/8 in thick. There is not even any signs of corrosion in the steel methoxide tank! Tom

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post