BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Acid Esterification    equipment and setup for acid estericifation

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

equipment and setup for acid estericifation
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, Iḿ new to the forum, though I have used it for reference for over a year.

Iḿ stepping into a new area of personal production after having reviewed much of the info available (on this forum) on acid esterification. I have seen the different formulas and procedures but need help understanding the physical set-up and equipment used for this process. If this info is already posted somewhere I would appreciate directions.

Thanks, Jamie.

posted Hide Post
The equipment is the same, except you need a seperate container for the acid/methanol mix. If you use the same one for your methoxide, you will constantly be neutralizing one or the other.

posted Hide Post
what titration levels do you expect? if you going to be dealing with numbers over 20KOH you might want to consider upgrading to stainless steel. what type good question?

I have 2 setups one is using black iron..I have 4 pieces develop holes over time. I have used oil that titrate well over 20KOH

the other setup is almost all plastic..I know some think its bad..but it depends on how/if you heat with in the plastic tank..NEVER MOUNT A HEATING ELEMENT TO THE WALL OF A PLASTIC TANK..

-dkenny

'84 bluebird school bus, DD8.2L turbo( 4/2011, the bus tranny has died..Frown 8.23.11 bus driven to scrap yard Frown )
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Smile - the wife's
99 dodge 2500 5.9l 24v..-mine Smile
everything run B100 when its warm enough Smile

Location: RTP, North Carolina | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post