Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 Kubota zero turn
 Login/Join

posted
I'd like to try running my zero turn on B100. I'm a little hesitant because it cost a fortune, so I need some reassurance. If anyone has experience with high mixtures of biodiesel in 26HP Kubota engine, I'd like to hear about success and mishaps.

Thanks

posted Hide Post
Yes I have been running b100 for two years in my Kubota rtv 900 it luves it. No problems as long as you make high quality bio.

posted Hide Post
I own a commercial mowing company and put a lot of hours on that machine. Would you have any concerns running B100 in a machine used 500-700 hours during the year.

posted Hide Post
Kubota don't aproove B100 the last I heard.

I would recomend draining the bio from the fuel tank at the end of the season and topping up with fresh 100% mineral diesel.

Change the engine oil at half the recomended time.

Use good quality biodiesel fuel with antioxidant (Baynox plus) and a biocide (Biobor).

Check hoses and seals for leaks and replace if required.

Watch for diesel bug and carry a spare gauze fiter if you need to change it when you out on your round.

You may use more fuel and have a little less power, but the exhaust will smell great.

Slabs

Home of Good Biodiesel http://www.cambridgebiodiesel.org

2000 Vauxhall (GM) 1.7 NA IDI Combo, Bosch VE, coolant heated fuel heater. In-tank strainer drilled out and inline filter fitted. Using FAME and veg oil blends.

Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom | Registered: October 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you ever run B100 through your ZD326? I think I'm going to try B100 in my 2010 ZD323. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Location: Jonesborough, TN | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post