Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VO and Tractors, Lawn Mowers
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone ran VO or VO/Diesel mix in older tractors or diesel lawnmowers?
I am thinking of buying a tractor or lawnmower to try this in.
Any suggestions?

2002 Ford Excursion 7.3. Heavily modified GFS Conversion w/ Fass Fuel Pump and VO Controller. 70k miles and going up.
1995 Dodge Cummins W/ Custom 2-Tank Setup and 60 K miles on veg oil. (sold)
1984 300D-Daily Driver No Mods single tank and 25 K miles on veg. (sold)

Location: Knoxville,TN | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump! Has anyone got some info on this topic? I am interested in doing the same. Many farmers around me do this type of thing in older tractors, and I am interested in SVO for mobile equipement and tractors.
Thanks,
Brad

'80 MB 300CD
'81 MD 240D
'81 VW Rabbit pickup
'91 Toyota MR2

Location: North Mississippi | Registered: December 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We ran a 30% VO blend in 5 or 6 John Deere tractors for a year or so with on problems. We now run biodiesel.

We are running farm pressed SVO in a 671 Detroit (238) to pump water. Just dump it in and run. I think it starts a little slow with low batteries. We are willing to take a risk on something 30 or 40 years old.

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. I am looking to run a fleet of zero turn mowers on WVO, starting with one that is about to be phased out due to high hours. Anyone with ideas to help post em up.
Thanks
Brad

'80 MB 300CD
'81 MD 240D
'81 VW Rabbit pickup
'91 Toyota MR2

Location: North Mississippi | Registered: December 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post