Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning dirty hands
 Login/Join

posted
When my hands get really dirty and greasy it takes some scrubbing to get them clean even with good soap. My mother makes something she calls "scrubbies". She gets nylon netting and cuts the net into strips about two inches wide. Then she crochets the strips into a pad that works well for scrubbing dishes or anything that needs a little scrubbing to get clean. The pads are a little rough but not too aggressive.

I keep a scrubby at my hand washing sink near the garage for odd cleaning jobs. One day my hands were very greasy and grimy and I decided to try the scrubby on my hands. Using biodiesel soap and the scrubby got my hands clean. It was not magic,but it worked very well. The oil in the photo was just smeared on for the photo, and easy to clean off. But I hope you get the point.

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
somethung we use here a lot is regular YES disch handwashing fluid works good

about 75% wvo during summer
1-1,5ml acetone 1ml turps per litre fuel

"wvo blending"Wink

Location: skaune/scania (scandinavia) | Registered: February 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Great looking soap FF. As a comparison check out Further Soap and then look at their asking price. He's not doing anything all that different from you except he is using used cooking oil from Mario Batelli's (Iron Chef) restaurants, rather than growing his own, and then diluting it a whole bunch. IMO, your product is superior.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great Farmer!

BDG soaps are the best out there, great job!

-Rick

http://www.knicenclean.com your single-most largest free BDG soaping content on the internet.
SAP Testing, Ingredient Properties, Soap Glossary and Recipes just to name a few.

Making Biodiesel Byproduct Soap Learn how to use your biodiesel byproducts to make great bar and liquid soap!!!

"Closing the loop on biodiesel production one bar at a time!"

Beware of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. I am still trying to fine tune the process so I can make liquid soap that does not try to get thick. More water should do the trick.

The soap looks a lot darker without the light behind it. But I like how it is translucent

posted Hide Post
Farmer,

If you cut the soap with water then use some borax to thicken it back up the consistency will be a nice gel that does not clog your pump.

I've found that about a 50/50 soap/water ratio works just about right. Then just add the dissolved borax until you obtain the thickness you desire.

But your soap looks outstanding as it is!

-Rick

http://www.knicenclean.com your single-most largest free BDG soaping content on the internet.
SAP Testing, Ingredient Properties, Soap Glossary and Recipes just to name a few.

Making Biodiesel Byproduct Soap Learn how to use your biodiesel byproducts to make great bar and liquid soap!!!

"Closing the loop on biodiesel production one bar at a time!"

Beware of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those look like wonderful scrubbies...
But, a lot of work to put them together... perhaps they'll be the wave of the future!!!

I find the best way to get my hands clean...
Is to wash the dishes Razz
By the end of a sink full of dishes... the hands are clean!!!

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the scrubbies. In getting feedback from auto repair shops, etc they all ask for pumice in the soap- which I have been unable to figure out short of using some type of emulsifying chemical. My answer is you don't need it with our soap! But folks are so used to using pumice that it seems they don't like something that doesn't have it.

Soap made from virgin oil will always be lighter in color than recycled oil, nice looking soap.

posted Hide Post
Red

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post