Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAP Test for Z-MAN1
 Login/Join

posted
I recently received some BDG from Z-MAN1.

His BDG is very light in color and makes an excellent light colored soap.

I performed the KNC SAP test on his BDG and found that the SAP was at 20%. This means that 20% of his BDG is saponifiable elements.

Using the KNC Soap Calculator along with your SAP value you can work out a recipe for your BDG soap. (see recipes below)

The glycerin ratio for his BDG is about 1:1, 50% soaps and 50% glycerin, so he can go to about a 60:40 soap to water ratio when diluting the soap. Maybe a tad more water if a thickener is going to be used.

Here is an example of a recipe for 1 gallon of Z-MAN1's BDG.

Z-MAN1 BDG Only
128oz Biodiesel Glycerin (BDG) (20% SAP)

Caustic Solution:
5.12oz KOH
21oz Distilled water

Optional:
2.33oz Scent of your choice
Additional Distilled Water (Soap:Water):
64.33oz 60:40 ratio
107oz 50:50 ratio
171oz 40:60 ratio

Here is another recipe adding some coconut oil for additional lather.

Z-MAN1 BDG + Coconut Oil
128oz Biodiesel Glycerin (BDG) (20% SAP)
6oz Coconut Oil

Caustic Solution:
6.72oz KOH
26oz Distilled water

Optional:
2.50oz Scent of your choice
Additional Distilled Water (Soap:Water):
63.33oz 60:40 ratio
108oz 50:50 ratio
175oz 40:60 ratio

-Rick

http://www.knicenclean.com your single-most largest free BDG soaping content on the internet.
SAP Testing, Ingredient Properties, Soap Glossary and Recipes just to name a few.

Making Biodiesel Byproduct Soap Learn how to use your biodiesel byproducts to make great bar and liquid soap!!!

"Closing the loop on biodiesel production one bar at a time!"

Beware of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet, Cool

thank you Rick for all your hard work and guidance. Smile u the man

Location: southwest chicago,IL | Registered: September 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Z-Man,
Your soap is on it's way to you.

I have recently found a few other inexpensive bulk scents, I will let you know more about that soon.

-Rick

http://www.knicenclean.com your single-most largest free BDG soaping content on the internet.
SAP Testing, Ingredient Properties, Soap Glossary and Recipes just to name a few.

Making Biodiesel Byproduct Soap Learn how to use your biodiesel byproducts to make great bar and liquid soap!!!

Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rick hope all is well and cant wait to see how it turned out........

Location: southwest chicago,IL | Registered: September 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rick recieved soap yesterday and it is terrific Big Gringreat lather, sent and cleaning ability, thank u very much, now only if im able to duplicate it i will be stoked ...
let me know about bulk sents when u can and if i hot process will i have to adjust ph or just wait to cure with the liquid koh soap.

thanks Z-MAN1

posted Hide Post
Thanks Z-man.

I think you will do fine with the SAP value and the recipe above. I used a 50 water to BDG soap ratio. Mix up your borax solution and add it to your cold soap until you have the thickness you desire.

If you need any help shoot me an email or call me.

-Rick