BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Soap from the Glycerine by-product    koh based soap making - step by step
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

koh based soap making - step by step
 Login/Join

posted
ive read alot about making soap on this forum but im confused, can some1 please give me a step by step WORKING recipe on how to make soap with potassium (koh) based glycerol?

1 more thing please - what can the waste water (from water wash) be used for ? can i use it to make soap or anything ?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenface:
ive read alot about making soap on this forum but im confused, can some1 please give me a step by step WORKING recipe on how to make soap with potassium (koh) based glycerol?

40gr KOH per liter glycerine and 1L water per liter as well. Dissolve caustic into water and blend into glycerine when warm (not too hot or it will want to boil over). Essential oils can be added and mixed in just before the caustic water. This assuming you are dealing with a vegetable oil glyc and not fully hydrogenated or tallow.

1 more thing please - what can the waste water (from water wash) be used for ? can i use it to make soap or anything ?

It can be good for the septic system or mixed into the compost pile. Soap? nope.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post