BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Soap from the Glycerine by-product    Triclosan finally making headlines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Triclosan finally making headlines
 Login/Join

posted

Location: The Volunteer State | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
For those who have reactions to this poison they react quite violently. It is in "anti-bacterial" stuff primarily. My wife ended up with two bright red mittens instead of hands thanks to this junk.
Can get rid of it soon enough.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legal, if I'm not mistaken, isn't triclosan really a pesticide rather than an "antimicrobial?"

Location: The Volunteer State | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Both actually. http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/RE...ets/triclosan_fs.htm It was first registered as a pesticide and then they figured why not give it a secondary use as an antimicrobial. Not the first time a poison has been used in a secondary usage; only problem is the stuff is just that, a poison.

The cosmetics industry has done this with any number of ingredients, and the dupes/serfs/sheeple just keep right on exposing themselves and their families to all kinds of unhealthy junk, not taking the time to actually investigate those ingredients expecting that whatever is authorized by Papa government is automatically safe. These are the same lot that don't believe that big pharma and the cosmetics industry have government in their pockets and happily , and I might blindly, pile it on and then end up all surprised and shocked when their children get sick. Anyway ...

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
I love that triclosan stuff...

I wouldn't dare use it on any regular basis for obvious reasons, but I do keep a good large stock of anti-bacterial soaps for special uses.

Large cuts and scrapes or other "open" type wounds.. Cleaning food processing equipment and surfaces that can't be easily or quickly cleaned any other way.. and several other very useful purposes.

I'd be kind of upset if they banned it..

Its bad for septic tanks for sure.. When we had our first baby last year, the wife and I used the antibacterial soap to shampoo all the carpets.. then a double rinse, then a bit of bleach mixed in...

Like any other "tool".. triclosan has its place... abuse it at your own risk.

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
"Large cuts and scrapes or other "open" type wounds.."

The antibacterial properties of natural raw, unfiltered honey FAR surpasses anything chemical on the market. We have a client who gets our soap and raw honey and she uses the honey not only in her tea but also as a replacement for Gentian Violet for cuts on her horses' from running through the brush.
The healing properties in raw honey also helps in reducing scar tissue and if used in conjunction with sage oil the scaring is almost imperceptible. The father on the girl who uses it on her horses almost got a finger cut off in a machinery accident; he used raw honey as a salve and now the scaring is obvious only if you look carefully for it.

The above does not apply to anything store bought; get your honey directly from the bee keeper and ask for it to be unfiltered.

You could have washed the carpet with your glycerine liquid soap and rinsed it thoroughly and it would be just fine.

One reason I got into soap making was my wife's reaction to Triclosan in so called anti-bacterial soaps; her hands (both of them) turned red like tomatoes right up to the wrists. Not everyone has that severe a reaction but for those who are sensitive to it it is a serious danger to health, and given the fact that a large percentage of the population doesn't take good care of their health and as a result have depleted immune functions this could be more common than thought.

One thing certain, absolutely NOTHING containing Triclosan will ever come into our home again.