And the FDA gets involved

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/610109192/m/5387057083

February 17, 2016, 03:40 PM
Legal Eagle
And the FDA gets involved
http://govtslaves.info/fda-to-...e-based-soap-makers/

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

March 18, 2016, 03:27 PM
WesleyB
Once upon a time I considered making perfume and possibly selling it for cash profit. I requested the federal regulations (laws) related to doing that from some agency in the federal government. They mailed me about 200 to 300 pages of complicated laws regulating making perfume. I was overwhelmed with the regulations and decided not to pursue that project. It's supposedly justified because it's put onto a person's body and potentially could do harm, if the perfume is made wrong.
March 18, 2016, 06:50 PM
Legal Eagle
The rules they are looking at are called INCI (International Nomenclature of Cosmetics Ingredients here)

However, your safety is not really the object, but rather that of control of who does what with what.
In the case of those who are sponsoring this initiative they are some of the worst offenders when it comes to putting questionable or downright dangerous ingredients in their "cosmetics", and be it the FDA or the various health depts of most countries they get a pass while the little guy or the Mom and Pop outfits get targeted to essentially diminish the competition that whole and wholesome natural products do not compete with the commercials ones.

In the case of perfumes specifically there is a large list of "scents" acceptable to the FDA/Health dept. that are outright carcinogens> Many of these also cross over into commercial soap producers, however according to the FDA's own rules what they produce is not "soap" and must be classified as a "beauty bar" or some such as "soap" is composed of an acid, a caustic, water (in most cases) and a scent. Most of the items sold commercially are NOT soap, but a petroleum based concoction passed off as soap.

It is a move to replace natural with commercial.

March 19, 2016, 04:59 AM
WesleyB
Legal Eagel; Why do you quote Jerry Rubin ? He was a buddy of Abbey Hoffman who started Students for a Democratic Society (SDS). I actually went to one of their meetings at the University of Texas at Arlington. Jerry Rubin might have been the man leading the meeting. I don't remember his name.
March 19, 2016, 04:09 PM
Legal Eagle
Jerry Rubinis what was called a "yippie" a pre cursor to the hippie movement of the 60's, or better put somewhat of an anarchist.The quote comes from a book he wrote titled "Steal This Book". The quote is there as it is to demonstrate that it is of very little portent what someone claims to believe when their actions show the opposite, hence "don't tell me what you believe, show me what you do and I will tell you what you believe" the short version is "actions speak louder than words".

Jerry Rubin ended up working on Wall Street, go figure. Hoffman and Rubin were acquainted and somewhat friends, but had very different philosophies. I am not an expert on either, but just liked the quote.