BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Soap from the Glycerine by-product    Latest Soap Samples from Caseyboy

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Latest Soap Samples from Caseyboy
 Login/Join

posted
caseyboy recently sent us some cool soap samples from the different soap they make.

They make everything from liquid & powder laundry detergent to exfoliating bars.
The bars we received smelled GREAT!!! My office has never smelled better!
I particularly like the green marbled texture bars!

Figured I'd share some pictures of what we received.

You can read more about his soap products here:
http://www.dieselloverde.com

Keep up the great work Caseyboy! You're doing an awesome job!

-Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great! The curiosity is killing me though, how does he make the powdered form?

ETA: Duh, I must have had a blonde moment. The solid bars are shredded to make the power. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
I have also received some samples from Caseyboy. These soaps are outstanding.
Because they have access to BDG from coconut oil and palm kernel oil the lather is superb.

The laundry powder is really nice and a great product idea as some people like powder vs liquid. It's also a great way to use up that Sodium based BDG.

Caseyboy,
As usual you have done a great job with your products, packaging and marketing. Keep up the good work! The more exposure we can get for our BDG soap the better -- Mainstream watch out!

-Rick

http://www.knicenclean.com your single-most largest free BDG soaping content on the internet.
SAP Testing, Ingredient Properties, Soap Glossary and Recipes just to name a few.

Making Biodiesel Byproduct Soap Learn how to use your biodiesel byproducts to make great bar and liquid soap!!!

"Closing the loop on biodiesel production one bar at a time!"

Beware of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, we use essential oils exclusively, but your claim that there are zero health risks with essential oils is just plain false and misleading.

http://www.naturalhealthcourse...ontraindications.htm

very odd and contradictory to my personal experience as well as natural healing folks I have talked with. I have used peppermint, lavender, Panaway (wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum), clove (Syzygium aromaticum) and peppermint (Mentha piperita)) and Thieves (Clove† (Syzygium aromaticum), lemon† (Citrus limon), cinnamon† (Cinnamomum verum), Eucalyptus radiata† and rosemary† (Rosmarinus officinalis CT 1,8 cineol))

directly on my skin with remarkable results for winter colds and muscle aches including tendonitis.

posted Hide Post
Yes, you're right freesoul, for many people essential oils provide natural healing and many health benefits. however, for some folks (including me), allergic reactions can occur from topical use.

If i use any product with essential oil of cinnamon, i break out into a rash. Cinnamon EO directly on my skin causes major irritation.

It's not just me, nor just cinnamon, but different people react differently to essential oils. Many natural health experts will advise pregnant women and children to avoid EOs.

The vast majority of individuals don't have any side effects from using EOs, and can take full advantage of all the health benefits that they offer. but a small percentage of individuals must use EOs with caution.

Location: earth | Registered: November 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caseyboy:
Yes, you're right freesoul, for many people essential oils provide natural healing and many health benefits. however, for some folks (including me), allergic reactions can occur from topical use.

If i use any product with essential oil of cinnamon, i break out into a rash. Cinnamon EO directly on my skin causes major irritation.

It's not just me, nor just cinnamon, but different people react differently to essential oils. Many natural health experts will advise pregnant women and children to avoid EOs.

The vast majority of individuals don't have any side effects from using EOs, and can take full advantage of all the health benefits that they offer. but a small percentage of individuals must use EOs with caution.

But the link you provided says that essential oils should NEVER be used undiluted on the skin, it makes no mention of allergic reactions with that statement.

Its up to people with allergic reactions to be responsible for what they use.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Its up to people with allergic reactions to be responsible for what they use.

YES! Exactly! Personal responsibility is not dead, how refreshing to hear. I'm responsible for what I put on my skin, what I eat, what I drink, and my overall lifestyle. It's up to the individual (and no one else) to decide what soap is best for them.

Location: earth | Registered: November 23, 2005Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I deleted a bunch of garbage out of this thread. I don't understand why soap discussion is so contentious. I've also closed this thread.

Legal Eagle - You have said several times in the past that you are done posting in the soap forums, and you still post in the soap forums to harass others who are making and selling soap. You should take your own advice and stay out of the soap forums and soap discussion altogether.

Shaun

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Report This Post