BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Soap from the Glycerine by-product    Newbe having great fun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbe having great fun
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to thank Rick and Utah Bio for introducing me to the new soap kit. I went to see Rick and he showed me his setup and gave me some samples and I got a kit, and some FFA's. I went home and my wife and I tried them and we LOVED THEM!!!!!!! We had a party that weekend and wveryone loved the new soap. My wife( Jessie) is excited to learn to make soap and so we are going to make our first batch this weekend. We will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again guys.

Location: Howell, Mi USA | Registered: May 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I made our first batch of soap today. It was so much easier than I thought it was going to be. I did notice that trace sneaks up on you. I stirred a little longer than I needed and it was a little stiffer than it should have been, but if all worked great. I'm going to make wood molds now. the cardboard box worked for fun, but I'm a woodworker.

Thanks Rick for the great kit. I hope you sell hundreds of them.

Location: Howell, Mi USA | Registered: May 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harpman!

I'm glad you had great results and yea, trace can be tricky...
If you like you can keep the temperature at or above 180*F and the soap will stay pourable longer into trace, but then you are moving toward hot processing.

However, the kit can also be used with the hot processing method.

I've been working this weekend to develop a recipe for a Lard, Tallow, Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, and a Whole oil blend kit option.

I'm confident that with the results so far this weekend that I will be offering an animal fat kit and a veggie based kit using whole oils.

Let us know how the molds turn out!

-Rick

http://www.knicenclean.com your single-most largest free BDG soaping content on the internet.
SAP Testing, Ingredient Properties, Soap Glossary and Recipes just to name a few.

Making Biodiesel Byproduct Soap Learn how to use your biodiesel byproducts to make great bar and liquid soap!!!

"Closing the loop on biodiesel production one bar at a time!"

Beware of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post