BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Soap from the Glycerine by-product    Biodiesel Glycerin Soap Uses - Liquid Laundry Soap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biodiesel Glycerin Soap Uses - Liquid Laundry Soap
 Login/Join

posted
Rick K has been experimenting with making a liquid laundry soap that's similar in texture, color, & smell to the stuff you'd find in the store (so we can get the women folk to actually try it out).

He sent me some to play with.

The stuff works really well too. I'm not too keen on the scent in this batch, but that can easily be solved with the right fragrances (it had a kind of Borax soap smell to it).

The consistency was great! When it gets really cold though, it does congeal a little, but Rick thinks he may have that problem figured out.

It's getting light enough and consistent looking enough that the wife has even been using this stuff (HUGE step!) If he's able to nail down the scent & consistency, we'll have a real winner...

Anyway, figured I'd share...

-Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2010 Sponsor
arborbiofuelscompany.com
posted Hide Post
Yea My wife was a little skeptical about using it in the laundry, but she gave in about 6-8 months ago.
Now she loves the stuff,it does a great job of cleaning my oiled up clothes,

Chad
2000 F350 SD 7.3PSD, 1996 F250 SD 7.3 PSD, 2005 Jeep liberty CRD, 2002 TC29D New Holland Tractor, 6K Diesel Generator, Heated Power Washer 'All Burnin Bio'

http://arborbiofuelscompany.com/ Selling Dry Wash Columns.

http://i88.photobucket.com/alb...icationGCresults.jpg

Location: S.E Michigan | Registered: May 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chad,

Let's hope the latest with the coconut oil is a hit too!

-Rick

http://www.knicenclean.com your single-most largest free BDG soaping content on the internet.
SAP Testing, Ingredient Properties, Soap Glossary and Recipes just to name a few.

Making Biodiesel Byproduct Soap Learn how to use your biodiesel byproducts to make great bar and liquid soap!!!

"Closing the loop on biodiesel production one bar at a time!"

Beware of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't found anything better than liquid biodiesel glycerin soap for cleaning my oily/greasy shop rags. Of course, I don't want that stuff in my home clotheswasher, so I do it periodically down at the local washateria. But nothing else -- not even industrial degreaser -- has ever been so effective at cleaning up those rags as the homemade soap is!

Cheers, John

posted Hide Post
John,
I am starting a - Biodiesel Soap "In Action" and a testimonials section on my website...
I would love to have some before, during and after pics of the dirty rags come clean!

Would you mind if I added your last post to my testimonials?

-Rick

http://www.knicenclean.com your single-most largest free BDG soaping content on the internet.
SAP Testing, Ingredient Properties, Soap Glossary and Recipes just to name a few.

Making Biodiesel Byproduct Soap Learn how to use your biodiesel byproducts to make great bar and liquid soap!!!

"Closing the loop on biodiesel production one bar at a time!"

Beware of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick K:
John,
I am starting a - Biodiesel Soap "In Action" and a testimonials section on my website...
I would love to have some before, during and after pics of the dirty rags come clean!

Would you mind if I added your last post to my testimonials?

The least I can do, Rick -- knock yourself out!

Cheers, John