BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  USA Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  Florida    South florida GL setups
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South florida GL setups
 Login/Join

posted
Does anybody in the south florida area have a good biodiesel set-up that I can see in person? I like the upsidedown water heater with the pump. I can usually get the water heater very easily and cheaply and I have a good pump. It is the rest that I would like to see.

I have been getting Crisco style grease from the restaurant that gives me such good grease (they now fry chicken) it is 15 gallons a week. I do not want to run the thick stuff in my WVO tank but I can convert it into Bio that would be a good use for it. I have a hard time keeping ahead of the grease I have now and they are using more. It is a good problem to have.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is funny that I wrote that almost 1 year ago today. I no longer get the fryed chicken lard. But now we have more regular grease. I have a 40 gallon water heater that is upside down and a good pump. Lots of ball valves. 100 gallons of methonal, 25 # of KOH, my grease titrates out at about 4. This is dewatered and filtered grease. I have done 3 of these 3 times and once it worked out to 3 and twice it was 4.

Anybody in broward county. If you give me a little notice I can drive to the west coast of florida for a look or even up the east coast as far as Jacksonville. I only need about 5 minutes in person.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in The Tampa Bay area.
We're looking to start a bio diesel business in the coming months.
Basically have the same problem you have.
I'd feel so much more comfortable setting up my machine if I could see a working on in person.

<~Dr. Phil~>

Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida | Registered: March 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post