Notify
Tools

2006 jetta tdi
 Login/Join

posted
are these ok to run on straight b100?

posted Hide Post
I hope so, i have 17,000mi on b100 no problems so far 2006.5

Location: southwest chicago,IL | Registered: September 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings, I have an 06 TDI Jetta with 149,500 miles on homemade B/D. I run 100% B/D at least 8 months of the year and 20% during our winter. Absolutely no fuel related problems other than a few fuel filters during the learning curve. Go for it! Terry

Location: Montesano, WA | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
terrybear,
would you mind sharing your process?
i thought i was making good bio but my #3 injector just failed, they said it was from bio...

posted Hide Post
I am considering buying a 2006 new beetle tdi. Is it the same engine? The TDI forum has scared me about running B99 in it. I've been using B99 in my 2002 beetle for the last 9 years (B50 in the winter).

If I can't run it on B99 or B100, I don't want it.

Can anyone advise about the 2006 TDI engine and biodiesel?

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
MaxOilBurner, If you run biodiesel in your vehicle and anything goes wrong, the mechanic will blame biodiesel. My local Audi agent told me that if I run my Audi on biodiesel, they would void the warranty, even so far as if a headlight fails, they would not cover it. I showed them my hand and told them to pick any two, and have been running B100 for many, many years, even though the fuel filler flap has a sticker attached saying 'Do not use biodiesel'. Be warned however that a vehicle with the dreaded DPF will have to be worked on, take it out, 'decat' the exhaust remap the computer, and problems solved.
Strange that the TDI forums are all against the use of biodiesel, even though some of their members use bio.
REason17 If I were you I would buy the Beetle if that's the car I wanted. Jim.

Location: Cape Town | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Update 30,000 trouble free B100 miles 2006.5 jetta

Location: southwest chicago,IL | Registered: September 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talked to my TDI mechanic today. He's supportive of biodiesel, but he still felt like there was some risk in running B99 in a 2006 TDI. The most likely problem apparently is that the fuel injectors would get clogged and have to be replaced (about $2000 in parts and labor).

But he also said one of his clients who works for the biodiesel manufacturer here (Sequential Biofuels) has run over 100K miles on biodiesel with the same engine with no problems.

I think I've decided to keep my 2002 for now (until it has its next electrical glitch at least).

posted Hide Post
any new updates out there on there 2006 tdi jetta running on b100 any problems?

posted Hide Post
My family has 4 BRM TDIs. They are 2005.5-2006 models. They range from 60-110K miles on them. We burn homemade biodiesel all the time with no issues at all. These engines run great on it!

Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: December 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Family grew and i had to sell mine. We ran probably 4-5 tanks w/o issue. Just changed the filter when i noticed it not accelerating as well at WOT.

posted Hide Post
Run it in my bro's 2006 with the BRM pumpeduese motor. No issues been running over a year. First couple fuel filters were dirty but they are easy to change.

Most injector issues arise from not properly filtering and drying your finished biodiesel. High water content can blow out injector nozzles.

However, my 2009 TDI never sees my biodiesel on account of the DPF and 5% bio limit. Pisses me off but I'd rather not ruin it as with the revo-technik tune it hauls butt.

My F250 has run 55k miles on b100. Zero issues. Have a dp-tuner.com chip on the truck, used to be able to kill mosquitos for blocks in race mode, really hard to smoke on b100. Smoke = lost power.

Long story short as long as your biodiesel is good quality you shouldn't have ANY issues in the PD motors. The MK4 TDI's had an issue with the o-ring in the fuel distribution pump leaking, especially if you switch between B100 and dino all the time. This can be replaced with a viton o-ring for around $150 labour included if you have a good VAG mechanic.

Over 15000L of B100 produced. Burns in 01' F250 7.3L, 06' Jetta TDI, 02' Jetta TDI. Biopro190 owner since Oct2014.

Location: Vancouver BC Canada | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a 2006 Jetta TDI and have been running biodiesel (mostly commercial B20 with a tank of my homemade bio every now and then) for 5 years. Now my turbo charger is leaking oil, my intercooler is dirty with leaking oil, and my EGR valve is super dirty with carbon. I don't necessarily blame all this on bio - but my mechanic thnks I should spend $5000 to replace all these parts. Is there a way to clean these parts? I'd appreciate any advice or leads - thanks!
Steve

Location: Colorado, California | Registered: July 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just change your turbo. The seal was the main issue. Can you do any of the cleaning yourself on the intercooler and EGR?
Dave

84 MB 300D Turbo Diesel
98.5 Dodge Cummins 5.9
96 B7100 Kubota

Location: leavittsburg,Ohio | Registered: September 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post