BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Volkswagen TDI's    Just got a 2005 Jetta GLS TDI

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got a 2005 Jetta GLS TDI
 Login/Join

posted
Anything I should know about before I start making homemade biodiesel (Dr. Pepper method until I come up with a processor) and putting it in my tank? I know the newer TDIs have issues with some DPF in them, but is my model one I could just toss it in and change a couple fuel filters and be alright? This is my first time with biodiesel and I can't wait!

posted Hide Post
Tdiggs, If you have a 1.9 TDI, then no problems at all apart from a filter change when the old one blocks. If you have a later 2.0 model with a DPF, then expect to do a few necessary changes such as removal of DPF, (and while you are about it de-cat the exhaust) reprogram to omit the regen etc, and as Johann from Cape Town says, adjust the timing etc, otherwise it should run like a dream. Jim.

Location: Cape Town | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post