BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Volkswagen TDI's    New here--Please help!--should I run a 2006 TDI on B99?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New here--Please help!--should I run a 2006 TDI on B99?
 Login/Join

posted
I have a 2002 TDI New Beetle with 70K miles that I've run on B99 nine months out of every year for the past nine years. It's had some electrical problems though due to ongoing water in the cab and under the dash (I've learned the hard way not to park outside under trees--the drainage system is too delicate). Little things keep going wrong and I'm tired of getting locked out of my trunk, etc.

I am considering buying a 2006 TDI New Beetle with only 35K miles on it (an automatic which would be a welcome change for me), but the forums have scared me a about running B99 in it.

I've also seen some other posts from people running BD in 2006 Jettas. I'm not clear if that's the same engine as the 2006 Beetle.

The folks selling the 2006 bug have been very patient with me, but I feel like if I don't buy it tomorrow or the next day, it will probably be sold to someone else. Please help me make up my mind!!

Thanks,

Reason17
Portland OR

posted Hide Post
Although probably too late a response,

I've read folks run b100 on a 2004 Jetta TDI. No issues with it at all.

Some one the newer VW Diesel have DPF (diesel particulate filters) in them that cause much problems. If I'm not mistaken, they were on the 2006 and later models VW's. The DPFs are on many other new diesels now, or at least they are in the US for the dumb-ass California pollution laws.

Location: Columbus, GA, USA | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wifes 2006 has been running on b100 for three years and save for a couple of filters, we have not had a hitch. Happy trails.

posted Hide Post
03-06 are the same engine. After that comes greater emissions and more problems.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
baby that car as long as you can because its the last that will handle B100. ours is going on 4 years now and no problems...

Jetta 2002 ; 6 hole nozzles, chip, yellow koni, gli springs, neuspeed RR sway bar, skid plate, SS brakes, TT shifter, TT bushings, GTi FR brakes
Jetta 2006 chipped, Bilstein Sport, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Neuspeed endlinks, DG SS, Evolution skid plate, Eibach RSB, B100

Location: Montreal | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any updates on 2006 TDI running on b100?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We currently have 9 2006 TDI's running on B100. We've owned all of these cars since they were new. Mileage ranging from 50,000 to 80,000 and no fuel related problems. In our '06 Jettas we replace the fuel filters about every 10k miles instead of the VW recommended 20k.

Shaun

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
Bio-Beetle Eco Rental Cars
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

Now offering the Nissan Leaf all electric car and the Chevy Volt Plugin hybrid electric car.
EV Car Rentals
Forum members get a 10% discount

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh that's awesome news thanks a lot 'how about the DP system I heard they are super sensitive to biodiesel have you had any issues with that?

posted Hide Post
'06's should have the DPF system. That should be 2007.5's and later.

Location: NJ | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
2006 Jettas do not have the DPF.

Shaun

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
Bio-Beetle Eco Rental Cars
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

Now offering the Nissan Leaf all electric car and the Chevy Volt Plugin hybrid electric car.
EV Car Rentals
Forum members get a 10% discount

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't have any problems in 2006 tdi with B100. Just change fuel filters more often.

We had a beetle 2000 1.8T. Leaked like a sieve. Biggest issue is how the sunroof "U" channels are designed. Water enters the sunroof, runs down the U channels to the rear of the car. Open the rear hatch, on either top corner you will see two rubber vagina-looking black rubber doo-dads. Open then up and take a shop vac to there. Leaves and junk can get into the sunroof u-channels and as a result clog those funny looking drains (shaped like that for air noise at high speed). The u-channel overflows and runs down into the back seat area and then floods the front floor. Parking on weird angles makes it worse. I'd stay away from the beetle just for that reason... plus the fact gay guys blew me kisses (not that there's anything wrong with that) and rear seat headroom leaves something to be desired.

Over 15000L of B100 produced. Burns in 01' F250 7.3L, 06' Jetta TDI, 02' Jetta TDI. Biopro190 owner since Oct2014.

Location: Vancouver BC Canada | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post