Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2005 passat and B100
 Login/Join

posted
Found an 05 Passat with 100K miles at a good price, but need to get convinced it will run fine with B100 bio. I have gone thru many old posts about Pumpe Duse systems with bio and read that bio needs to be 100 % converted. Anyone have concerns with these Passats that may help me decide if I should buy it?
Thanks, Dean

Location: central Illinois | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are going to use 100% converted Biodiesel, then you will not have any problems, I presume it's a 190TDI. Jim.

Location: Cape Town | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim,

quote:
Originally posted by JimKohler:
If you are going to use 100% converted Biodiesel, then you will not have any problems, I presume it's a 190TDI. Jim.
Transesterification is an equilibrium reaction so 100% conversion is not possible.
The ASTM conversion standard should be good enough.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tilly,Picky,picky.Jim.

Location: Cape Town | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when I do a 27/3 check if there is 1/4 ML or less fallout I will let it go as we use it on an 02 Jetta , 7.3 PS and 2 older tractors with no problem. I have decided to pass on the Passat because of high repair costs know to them. thanks Dean

Location: central Illinois | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post