Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VW golf TDI 2012
 Login/Join

posted
“Has anyone had success or problems using bio-diesel in VW Golf TDI 2012 or newer model?”

posted Hide Post
This is something I am looking into right now and this is what I would do.

Remove the DPF and EGR with a straight down pipe (a few companies make these kits)

Get a chip/map.

Start your blends at 20% which should be no problem since that is the legal rate in europe and gradually increase. Have oil change done after 5000miles to test the conditioners that remain in the oil plus the parts per million of the different metals. If all looks good increase, looks bad decrease…

Although this is what I would do I am not there yet as both of my cars have not been driven to the ground yet but when they do I want to have all my info in place.

Jetta 2002 ; 6 hole nozzles, chip, yellow koni, gli springs, neuspeed RR sway bar, skid plate, SS brakes, TT shifter, TT bushings, GTi FR brakes
Jetta 2006 chipped, Bilstein Sport, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Neuspeed endlinks, DG SS, Evolution skid plate, Eibach RSB, B100

Location: Montreal | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evangelos:
Remove the DPF and EGR with a straight down pipe (a few companies make these kits)

Explicitly illegal in the U.S.

Ironically, of course, it has recently come to light that these VWs never came close to meeting emissions regulations in the first place!! Roll Eyes

Cheers, John