BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous vehicles and engines    Questions on certain engines regarding biodiesel

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions on certain engines regarding biodiesel
 Login/Join

posted
I am currently working on an engineering project to develop a budget automated process to create biodiesel and we are currently searching for an engine to conduct tests with. I was wondering if anyone had some answers/recommendations for the following questions and problems.

1. What affordable engine would be best to use and what price would I expect to pay on it?

2. How do we know if a diesel engine will function on biodiesel?

3. Other than the standard conversion to biodiesel, are there any other treatments that must be done to the biodiesel before we can use it in an engine?

Currently we are looking at Yanmar engines but I am confused on how to differentiate what diesel engines function on biodiesel. We are looking to spend under $1000 dollars on an engine as well so price is definitely an issue for our stipend.

I thank everyone in advance for considering this question and, if this is the wrong board to post on, I sincerely apologize!